Boys

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: Boys

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:16 pmThat all depends on how much they send to Mama . . .
Looking at it with a western perspective:
1 Mama ought to get off her ass and earn a living herself before leeching off them to the extent they are sharing rooms
2 Boys fairly often show up with iPhones and in some instances, they're upgraded one or more times per year. Not to mention the 10 pairs of trainers and so on. So they are often spending money on themselves.

For the boys who do share rooms, I hear stories of room mates smoking in the room or bringing a girl back and expecting the others to go away for a couple of hours.
Jun

Post by Jun »

One of the boys I recently saw on stage in a gogo bar was very cute. He looked familiar. I dithered and he was invited to sit at another table.

A few days later, I see what looks like him, on Grindr, except for a tattoo around the neck and the gogo boy didn't have one. I had seen that profile before, with the tattoo Today, I notice his twitter link. Here he is on stage in the same bar, with no tattoo.

I think he's been on Grindr for a while with that tattoo.
Which means the tattoo would be temporary?

Is this common? I don't quite see why anyone would put such a photo on Grindr, but what would I know?

I can disregard the occasional small tattoo, but am put off by anything on the face or neck.
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

It may have been a temporary tattoo. I had one painted on my arm at Pattaya beach a few months ango and it got infected. Had to go to wound center for a week.
Jun

Post by Jun »

The tattoo on Grindr put me off pursuing this one. Now I suspect it was a temporary tattoo, but I've got other plans for what little remains of the trip & no time fit him in (even if available).

Meanwhile, down in Jomtien, the cute Cambodian lad at BN bar was wearing black leather effect briefs last night, sometimes with a black coat and sometimes without. The briefs were nicely sized to leave quite a bit of butt cheek visible. I like that look.
Drinks here cost 100 baht. Good value. Of course, I also tipped the lad.

Just before I left, he used the area behind the fridge to change into shorts and a white net t-shirt. He then left, so I suspect an online date.

At Home Bar, a couple of the Cambodian lads told me they are going home next week and won't return until the next high season.
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Last night if it’s Suk you’re talking about, he was dressed like a schoolboy. But not many boys as the police took a couple truck loads away. The place was pretty quiet.
They canceled the pool tournament at 69 bar due to it.

I’ve heard the same thing about them returning home, not enough business.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Was there a raid in Jomtien? Does anyone have more details?
Jun

Post by Jun »

Which bars were targetted?
Is this likely to be specific bars not meeting police requirements ? ฿ ฿ ฿ ฿

I wasn't in Jomtien yesterday, but one Cambodian acquaintance was trying to get me to visit him at Home Bar and didn't mention it.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:40 am one Cambodian acquaintance was trying to get me to visit him at Home Bar and didn't mention it.
I haven't heard anything about a Jomtien raid either, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Regarding your acquaintance, I can think of two reasons he might not have mentioned it.

1. If his bar was open, then I think he wouldn't want to say anything about a raid, which might scare away potential customers.

2. Maybe his bar was raided, but at the time you were communicating with him it hadn't happened yet.
Jun

Post by Jun »

My friend was still trying to get me to go to the bar quite late.

Purely speculating:

I guess the police would raid bars that are slow to pay. I'm not aware of any other factor which motivates them.

So my hypothesis is that popular bars can probably pay their bills and would be less likely to be targetted.
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

I have no idea why it happened. I’m sure it did because the cadre of boys were gone and no one playing pool at 69 bar. The owner told me of the raid and boys being taken away.
I don’t think he would make this up. And he had to cancel the pool tournament which is profitable for the bar.
Unless he thought I’d be upset that they’d cancel the tournament, then maybe he would lie about it. But the mamasan that works there said it happened also.
Also Bn bar there were no workers at all, usually they have at least about ten or so.
I didn’t follow up on it as to me it’s a typical occurrence.
We as foreigners don’t have anything to worry about.
Many boys have no paperwork etc, so they must worry.