Boys

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: Boys

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:12 pmA definite "red light". For me, if I see any "red lights" - and I mean any "red lights", I move on.
I agree. No need to risk it with so many other boys around.
There are plenty who answer questions without any BS and then show up and do a terrific job. So no need to risk the others.

I'm also starting to think that bombarding the customer with pictures is something of an amber light.
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Especially phony photos. There’s a guy at Winner bar who is average looking at best and a bit heavy. I saw his profile on Romeo and his last four photos were definitely not him. I was tempted to invite him over from the Romeo photos but luckily I didn’t. I later saw him in the bar and it confirmed to me only half his photos were him.

Also went to Toy Boys and a very aggressive twink caught my attention. He was making obscene gestures to me. I figured he might be worth it since he seemed so enthusiastic.

He was ok in bed an very well hung but on subsequent visits he aggravated me with his monetary request. No one gave him a birthday gift last November, could I get him something, can I have your cologne etc. Plus he’s 35 and advertised on Romeo as 24. So too much bs.

Definitely some cute twinks in Toy Boys and Classic Boys though. Will have to go back.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Phony photos don't seem that common in Thailand. They are in Cambodia.

Other variations are incomplete or unclear photos. One lad has been messaging me several times.

His profile pics are all taken from some distance, except for one face shot. I think he's trying to disguise being overweight. The profile text says something like "I show pictures in my profile, so don't ask for any more"
So I don't. I decide to block him to stop the incoming messages. There's no point in continuing discussion.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:21 am I think he's trying to disguise being overweight. The profile text says something like "I show pictures in my profile, so don't ask for any more"
So I don't. I decide to block him to stop the incoming messages. There's no point in continuing discussion.
That's right. Perfect "red light" right there.

I don't understand why they try to hide certain features or use phony photos - and often use the same photos they've been using for the last 10 years. What do they think will happen when they meet and the farang realizes what the guy is trying to do? I know what I would do.

In all my years in Thailand I only actually had that happen to me once, several years ago. The guy who showed up was definitely not the same guy in the profile and not even the same guy I had been chatting with. He told me the guy I chatted with and arranged a meeting with wasn't feeling good and sent him as a substitute. Great story - and I knew it was bullshit. But it worked out very well for me. Mr. Substitute appealed to me much more than whoever I had arranged to meet. We had a great time and I still see him every so often.

I never did end up meeting the guy whose photos were in the profile.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:00 pm I don't understand why they try to hide certain features or use phony photos - and often use the same photos they've been using for the last 10 years. What do they think will happen when they meet and the farang realizes what the guy is trying to do? I know what I would do.
In Cambodia, people seem quite cautious about their privacy, hence the profile picture may not be real.
In Pattaya, such behaviour is rare. People are usually away from home, so may be less concerned about privacy and perhaps they need to provide what the market demands.

As for those who have been using the same pics for years in Pattaya, well any resident or regular visitor ought to recognise such pictures.

One area where I am on guard is for people who totally change their hairstyles and may be difficult to recognise.
I prefer to be seen to remember boys I met once and probably want to meet again.
Also, for those I don't ever want to meet a second time, it's important not to be duped into booking a second meeting.
Jun

Post by Jun »

I've met a couple more really delightful lads on the apps, who seem to tick all the boxes. They are nice lads and are in good shape. They also show up on time and seem prepared to spend whatever time it takes, doing exactly what I like.

For comparison, there was one Lao lad I used to see in Bangkok. He confided that none of his regular customers wanted to see him any more, right at the time when I was reaching the same conclusion. His priority had shifted to getting the job done as fast as possible, so I stopped seeing him a few years ago.
I did briefly re-establish contact with him in January, but it was clear he wouldn't commit to a reasonable minimum duration. So we didnt meet.

There are plenty of nice lads around who tick all the boxes and those are the ones who deserve repeat business.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Life in paradise........
Yet another really sweet lad via Grindr today. Slim, skinny and eager to please in the room. Tipped at the top end of my range.

He shares a room with 3 other Lao lads. I wonder if I've met any of them.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:05 pm I wonder if I've met any of them.
I think you're going to have quite a good time finding out . . .
Jun

Post by Jun »

It is well over a decade since I've been with two different guys who definitely share a room. That was back in the day when boys used to frequent the beach, so when sitting with one boy, his room mate came over for a chat. After chatting to him a few times, eventually he was invited to my hotel.

Now I suspect every Cambodian lad I've met in Pattaya in recent years knows all the others, but I'm not sure who shares a room with who.

They don't all share rooms either. At 3000 baht per month, anyone reasonably good at their profession ought to be able to easily afford the rent.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:55 pm At 3000 baht per month, anyone reasonably good at their profession ought to be able to easily afford the rent.
That all depends on how much they send to Mama . . .