Boys

Anything and everything about Thailand
Dodger

Re: Boys

Post by Dodger »

I always found it best to visit these places during holiday periods, including any time there's a festival or local event going on. Local Morlam celebrations provide very fertile hunting grounds as well.

For the most part "the boys" are traveling away from their homes either working or going to school during most of the year just like the majority of other young and middle-aged people. As I'm sure most here are aware, these towns, even some of the larger ones, are populated mostly by silver hairs and sleepy-eyed water buffalos until the holidays roll around. So Apps or no Apps you can expect there to be slim pickings.

Not only are there a lot more boys available during these festive periods, but they rarely balk at the opportunity to earn some pocket-money if the opportunity presents itself.

One sure way to hook up with local boys during these celebrations is to just walk among the crowd taking pictures. The camera doesn't even have to work. Just keep pointing it at the "cute boys" and click away. Eventually one of the boys in the crowd will ask you "where you from?"...followed by..."are you alone?". Happens every time. Perfect "ice breaker", and a sure way to get the communications going.

Another sure-fire way to find that honey you're searching for is to visit a local swimming hole, e.g. pond, lake river, etc., ...waterfalls are the absolute best, and don't set your towel down and get seated until you spot a few ladyboys. Regardless if you like ladyboys or not, they are, without question, the absolute best resource for hooking up with the local boys. When you see the ladyboys sitting at waters-edge, they're there for a reason. Use the camera technique...start chatting with them...let them know specifically what you're looking for (most of them already know)...and let them handle the rest. I can't tell you how many times I've done this...met some great boys along the way...partied my ass off...and enjoyed sex at every turn.

The fun is in the chase as they say...and those apps that some of you guys prefer seem to work in a pinch - but can erase so much of the fun.

Happy Hunting
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:00 am The fun is in the chase as they say...and those apps that some of you guys prefer seem to work in a pinch - but can erase so much of the fun.
I absolutely agree. Finding a boy, especially in unfamiliar territory is certainly fun and rewarding. And when it is a success based on the challenge of doing it completely on your own without the assistance of an app, it is even more fun and rewarding - for me, much more, even if the sex is lousy (it never is - as a matter of fact it often is some of the best ever).

Along with Dodger's suggestions, I have had success asking the hotel staff. Once in a while a hotel staff member turns out to be the success once he's off duty. I've had that happen more than once. Walking around shopping malls works well too. A simple smile often works wonders. Merely saying hello to a boy who catches your interest often works too, even if he is in a group. Don't be shy. If he's interested, you'll know it. But if you let him get away without even trying, you'll never know.

About the camera not working. I hope it does work. The boy is always going to want to see the photo you took of him.

Please remember folks - give the boy a generous tip no matter how you met him. And if you were helped by someone, such as the lady boys Dodger is talking about, a hotel staff member, someone else, make sure to give them something too.

During times when you are traveling around in unfamiliar areas, that is not the time to be shy about meeting people or chintzy about tips.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Dodger wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:00 am One sure way to hook up with local boys during these celebrations is to just walk among the crowd taking pictures. The camera doesn't even have to work. Just keep pointing it at the "cute boys" and click away. Eventually one of the boys in the crowd will ask you "where you from?"...followed by..."are you alone?". Happens every time. Perfect "ice breaker", and a sure way to get the communications going.
I was once taking photos during a gay pride event in Berlin. One lad saw this and actually asked me to delete the photos of him.
I suspect the culture is quite different in Thailand and perhaps even in Europe, the average person is more tolerant.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:32 pm One lad saw this and actually asked me to delete the photos of him.
That is difficult to understand. He just as easily could have been caught in any number of photos. The only reason I can think of as to why he would ask you to delete the photos would be because he was worried about who might see him participating or even just attending a Gay Pride event. If that was what was bothering him, then he shouldn't have gone to the event in the first place.

I wonder what he thought you might do with the photos. Maybe he thought you would have them blown up into billboards and post them all over town.

If it were me, I would have said ok, I will delete them. And then, I wouldn't have deleted them if I liked them. I would have no reason to show them to anybody else.
pinoyfriends

Post by pinoyfriends »

I was once taking photos during a gay pride event in Berlin. One lad saw this and actually asked me to delete the photos of him.
I suspect the culture is quite different in Thailand and perhaps even in Europe, the average person is more tolerant.
In Europe it is not allowed to take close up photos of people without their consent, even in public places.

You can photo a crowd from a distance provided the people aren't identifiable.

I've been asked to delete mundane workplace photos as someone objects to the photograph.

That said, even in Thailand one must be careful. I stupidly took a video of Thai police removing an unruly passenger from the plane. My phone was taken, face unlocked and the few seconds of video deleted immediately.
Jun

Post by Jun »

pinoyfriends wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:03 amIn Europe it is not allowed to take close up photos of people without their consent, even in public places.
I've no idea what the law says & suspect it would vary from country to country. However, he asked me to delete the photo and I did.

pinoyfriends wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:03 am I stupidly took a video of Thai police removing an unruly passenger from the plane. My phone was taken, face unlocked and the few seconds of video deleted immediately.
I read somewhere that photographing and videoing Thai police is very much allowed. If that's true, I suspect it would be a good thing, considering how corrupt they are.
Not that I'm planning to do any of that. The Thai people can fix their own corruption problems, without me sticking my head above the parapet.
Jun

Post by Jun »

One Lao lad I know contacted me on Line & after some chat, sent me his new Line ID.
I asked why he has a new Line ID and he's got a new phone.....

I sent him the link to the Line instructions to transfer your account over to a new phone. Let's see whether that gets used or not.

One Cambodian lad I know is onto at least his fourth Line account. Admittedly, he probably can't read the instructions in Thai or English.

The Lao guy can probably read the Thai instructions, so no excuse.
Jun

Post by Jun »

The Jomtien bar boys don't all appear to be on the apps.
That includes a couple of Cambodian lads whom I met at the bars, on evenings when I was not looking for an off, but I was considering for a future date.
A third Cambodian guy who I have met several times in the last 4 years, always via an app, is working in a Jomtien bar, but I haven't yet seen him on an app this year. Obviously during covid times, he had to resort to online marketing, but right now, perhaps he's doing enough business out of his bar?
I always have the option of contacting him via Line, but I have a few other lads to chase after first.

In recent years, I've got used to making arrangements in advance on an app and having the lad show up at my room. Sometimes, even on time.
Whereas, if I want a lad from a JC bar, after I travel to Jomtien, there's no guarantee that he will be there. If he is there, he might already be with another customer.
Jun

Post by Jun »

I just had one lad send me a picture and it has "Face App" printed across it. Advertising that photos are doctored doesn't seem like the best marketing tactic.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:10 pm Advertising that photos are doctored doesn't seem like the best marketing tactic.
Something else that makes a good candidate for my "I Don't Get It" list is the bizarre poses and facial expressions many boys post in their app photos. I wonder who those kinds of photos are supposed to attract. Those certainly fail to attract me.