Bar Manager in The Complex asking questions

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: Bar Manager in The Complex asking questions

Post by Jun »

SP55 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:28 pm170 baht for a boydrink in a small beerbar is ridiculous.
Which bar is charging that ?

I think somewhere around 150 baht for the boy drink is more normal.
Even then, sitting with a boy is likely to cost 3.5~5x the cost of sitting with a farang, when the drinks bill is 2.5x & tips are expected on top of this. I still do this, but the boy needs to be good company & attentive.
Some boys tick all the boxes & are a delight to be with, but others are getting complacent & I must learn to keep walking.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:12 pm
SP55 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:28 pm170 baht for a boydrink in a small beerbar is ridiculous.
I'm sorry, but I would rather the bar not be named. It is very simple to find out on your own. When entering a bar simply ask their price for "drink for boy" and then decide whether you will pay it or vote with your feet.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Jun wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:12 pm
The bar that this discussion thread is about and whos boss asked for opinions about, of course.
Jun

Post by Jun »

SP55 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:06 pmThe bar that this discussion thread is about and whos boss asked for opinions about, of course.
Thank you. It probably should have been obvious to me, but on the other hand, we've discussed several bars here.

Incidentally, specific bar reports have included prices of drinks, off fees etc for years. I'm intrigued that this case is deemed more sensitive. Particularly when the bar manager has moved on months ago.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Boy drinks at the bar I use in Jomtien have been 160 for a few years.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

The OP among many questions asks if the bar should have fem twinks or masculine boys, seldom do punters like both, bars should be staffed with either or, people walking through the complex should not be accosted or arms grabbed by bar staff members as pushy is a no no.
I am not a fan of the complex as most of the staffs are fem twinks however, I am aware that many like this sort (Jun). The few times I have gone it appears most of the punters are elderly and appear to have little interest in the staff rather the customers seem to meet in small groups to socialize amongst themselves.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:47 am I am aware that many like this sort (Jun).
Me too . . .
Jun

Post by Jun »

Undaunted wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:47 am..people walking through the complex should not be accosted or arms grabbed by bar staff members as pushy is a no no.
This tends to not be a problem in Jomtien. Punters may be approached, but there is usually no arm grabbing, as in the old Soi Twilight.

Undaunted wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:47 amI am not a fan of the complex as most of the staffs are fem twinks however, I am aware that many like this sort (Jun)
Most are twinks & very few are overtly feminine. However, Undaunted is trying his favourite wind up line, yet again.

Undaunted wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:47 amThe few times I have gone it appears most of the punters are elderly and appear to have little interest in the staff rather the customers seem to meet in small groups to socialize amongst themselves.
Is elderly punters a problem for you ?
As for socializing amongst themselves, this is far cheaper, at perhaps 20~33% of the cost of having a boy sit with them. So it's no wonder people only occasionally sit with a boy.

There are also only 3 reasons to sit with a boy.
For the conversation, intimate contact or to off him.
Respectively, these may suffer from language skills, seating location & the ease of finding boys on the apps.
(I could learn Thai, but it's no use when he speaks Khmer)

However, it's great fun when finding a cute & educated lad at a quiet little bar with cozy seating (e.g. M Bar).
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:21 am
Undaunted wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:47 am I am aware that many like this sort (Jun).
Me too . . .
And when last did you sat in a bar in the complex?
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Jun

Post by Jun »

Undaunted wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:53 pm And when last did you sat in a bar in the complex?
.Image