Bar Reports

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: Bar Reports

Post by Jun »

Well, the Pattaya gay bar scene comfortably beats that in Bangkok at present.

Jomtien has a thriving host bar scene, where there are lots of cute lads. Some are quite good fun.

In comparison, Silom has, as far as I know, just 2 host bars, on Patpong. One is OK when the music is at a reasonable volume and the other has excessively pushy staff and hence no customers.

Pattaya has two gogo bars that I consider worth visiting. Winner Boys and Toy Boys. Bangkok doesn't have a single gogo bar with twinks in underwear, so I'm not interested.

Bangkok makes a nice change for daytime activities, food etc, but I'm certainly not coming here for the nightlife these days. Compare with 16 years ago, when I walked into Classic Boys for the first time and thought it was some kind of paradise.

If I'm missing a twink bar that I should visit in Bangkok, do advise.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Went to Hua hin for the first time in my life. The lady bar scene there was surprisingly busy with large barareas scattered around the city. Busy with ladies and customers. I went with a thai boy and we had a good time in the evenings in the ladybars. We were always well treated in those bars we visited and the ladies were friendly and made sure we had a good time.

So how were the two boybars in Hua hin?

New guy bar
Nice little bar with welcoming staff. 1-3 staff on the occasions we visited, and 0-5 other customers. It is in walking distance from the soi Bintabaht "Hua hin walkingstreet" main bararea. I saw one cute boy there, and I saw him getting offed by a customer on one night. Drinkprices were ok. But the bar was not busy and the street isn't busy either. It has ladybars on both sides.

Buddy boy bar
Me and my thaifriend arrived. The 4 staff dispersed like they didn't want to be bothered, except for one who took our order. When we sat with our drinks the staff made sure to ignore us. One cute boy went out of the bar and walked around on the street outside during our stay. I would have bought him a drink if he had been within talking distance. The rest of the staff hid deeper inside the bar or sat with their backs to us. We were the only customers in the bar.
Of course we didn't buy any further drinks there and didn't return any other day either.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Not a report, but a picture of gogo boys in red underwear here on Facebook.
I think it's Dream Boys Pattaya, although I'm starting to forget what the place looks like inside !
I haven't been in there for a few years, due to closures and then boys in jeans on my last trip.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

That photo is about 4 years old Jun. And yes, it is Dreamboys and the boys there nowadays are in jeans. I have a look in that bar now and then but the boys are not my style and the ladyboys mamasans are annoying so I can't really enjoy my visits there.
Jun

Post by Jun »

SP55 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 4:16 pm That photo is about 4 years old Jun
Thank you for the explanation SP55. That explains a lot.

Although Fakebook doesn't show a date next to it, I believe this was included in a post by "Gay Bars in Pattaya", yesterday.
All of the comments were 1 day ago and it shows up when I filter for May 2023 posts.
Montree

Post by Montree »

Just been told in Toy Boys Bar that it will be closed tomorrow, June 3, for Visakha Bucha holiday.
Asia Traveler

Post by Asia Traveler »

Can anyone guide me to a current listing of the smaller bars in Bangkok?
Jun

Post by Jun »

Asia Traveler wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:56 amCan anyone guide me to a current listing of the smaller bars in Bangkok?
Producing accurate and current gay bar guides seems to have gone out of fashion some years ago. Possibly as it requires continual effort and there is no money in it.
Google maps lists quite a few of the gay bars. But the first two on my list below do not show up on a "Gay Bar" search.

However, I hope someone pulls a rabbit out of a hat & posts an answer.

If you're referring to smaller gogo bars, here's my assessment from March 2023:
1 Nature Boy Golden Cock (two signs on the old Nature boy premises). Appeared to have boys in jeans.
2 Super A. Now describes itself as a Cocktail Lounge, rather than a gogo bar. Clothed boys.
3 Tawan. Open across the road from the old premises. A friend tells me they have full nudity. Not my type of lad though.
4 Screwboys. Was closed. I heard rumours of it reopening.
5 Freshboys. Was open. Boys in horrid white shorts.
6 Hotmale. Boys in jeans.

None of these bars had enough to tempt me to be a customer.
Asia Traveler

Post by Asia Traveler »

Thanks Jun!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:23 pm None of these bars had enough to tempt me to be a customer.
For me, at the prices the Bangkok bars charge, along with the "tip" amounts the boys demand, no matter what the boys are wearing, I'll stick with the apps. It costs less to drink from your room's mini bar than to get a drink at nost of the Bangkok bars.

thanks, but no thanks . . .