Revised Poll...What is your preference?

Anything and everything about Thailand

Masculine Fem Ladyboy Which One For You?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:42 am

I prefer ladyboys
7%
I prefer masculine guys
26%
I prefer fem or slightly guys
12%
I prefer masculine twinks
30%
I prefer fem twinks
20%
I am bisexual
2%
I am a lesbian
3%

Total votes: 86

penguin

Re: Revised Poll...What is your preference?

Post by penguin »

2 options are not enough for me.

Why can it not be accepted that different people like different things? And why can it not be accepted that one person might be attracted to different sorts of people at different times, or depending on things that are nothing to do with this silly fem/masc division? There seems to be a weird sort of intention with these polls to somehow suggest that ladyboys or boys who some consider 'fem' are generally not liked. It seems to me to be a really dumb way for insecure people to get some validation. Like what you like. Let others do the same. It's not an argument or a competition. There is nothing to win. Stop worrying about it.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

penguin wrote:2 options are not enough for me.

Why can it not be accepted that different people like different things? And why can it not be accepted that one person might be attracted to different sorts of people at different times, or depending on things that are nothing to do with this silly fem/masc division? There seems to be a weird sort of intention with these polls to somehow suggest that ladyboys or boys who some consider 'fem' are generally not liked. It seems to me to be a really dumb way for insecure people to get some validation. Like what you like. Let others do the same. It's not an argument or a competition. There is nothing to win. Stop worrying about it.

That is your personal take .... Other than your comment there is no hint of worry?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I lean more toward what Penguin is saying. This kind of poll is interesting, but quite frankly I fail to see what purpose is served.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote:I lean more toward what Penguin is saying. This kind of poll is interesting, but quite frankly I fail to see what purpose is served.
What purpose was served by the initial poll? I didn't see you comment on that? I believe it is could be very useful information as to what the customers seek in Thailand's gay venues!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:
Gaybutton wrote:I lean more toward what Penguin is saying. This kind of poll is interesting, but quite frankly I fail to see what purpose is served.
What purpose was served by the initial poll? I didn't see you comment on that? I believe it is could be very useful information as to what the customers seek in Thailand's gay venues!
Actually, I felt the same way about the initial poll. I just didn't comment. Now that we're on a third poll about the same subject, I thought now it's time to comment. As for the idea that the results could be useful, since when do more than a very few gay venues pay any attention to what is said on the boards? Even if there are overwhelming results on any of the choices, I'll be shocked if any of the venues change a thing.
BeginnersMind

Post by BeginnersMind »

penguin wrote:There seems to be a weird sort of intention with these polls to somehow suggest that ladyboys or boys who some consider 'fem' are generally not liked.
I agree that this applies to this particular new poll. "Masculine Twink" is almost an oxymoron. I think most of us twink lovers think of twinks as being more feminine than masculine (smooth, cute, fashionable, young). I think both polls are showing that twinks are popular, but aren't well constructed enough to settle this masculine vs feminine issue that Undaunted seems to be most interested in. For my part, I'm not attracted to 'hyper-masculine' or 'hyper-feminine' - but many things in between.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

BeginnersMind wrote: aren't well constructed enough to settle this masculine vs feminine issue
That's why I always recommend including an "other" option on polls. I haven't seen a poll yet that correctly anticipated every choice people could make. This issue seems to be of great importance to Undaunted and that's fine with me. I don't see anything wrong with debating about it and discussing it, but I'd like to remind everyone that I asked that this issue be discussed on the 'Fem vs Masculine' thread. Please confine any further discussion to that thread or we're going to end up with two threads covering the same thing.
galee

Post by galee »

Gaybutton wrote:This kind of poll is interesting, but quite frankly I fail to see what purpose is served.
I agree. I fail to see the purpose too, considering it has been discussed, polled, discussed again, polled again. It's not even "kind of interesting" it is a total waste of time, this obsession with man-boys is now getting very very.....b o r i n g.
puan

Post by puan »

How about "All of the above"? Don't forget "None of the above". Oh, and then there is the "I prefer left-handed, blue-eyed fem boys" option that is missing.
penguin

Post by penguin »

Undaunted wrote:That is your personal take .... Other than your comment there is no hint of worry?
:)

Setting up poll after poll, subdefining your categories to the level of silliness, pointing out at every opportunity that you don't like fem guys or ladyboys ... it hints of worry to me. Apologies if you're not worried about it. But you appear to be worried about it. Really, don't be. You don't like ladyboys, you don't like 'fem' boys - we get it.