Bangkok Hospital Pattaya

Anything and everything about Thailand
daherk

Bangkok Hospital Pattaya

Post by daherk »

From todays Bangkok Post:

BDMS (Bangkok Hospital) is building a 200 bed hospital in Jomtien (Pattaya) to be open by the end of this year.

I take it that this is the construction behind The Bangkok Hospital Clinic (next to Chic Republic).

Maybe no more trips to North Pattaya for us Jomtienites.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/ne ... ls-by-2021
Gaybutton

Re: Bangkok Hospital Pattaya

Post by Gaybutton »

Part of the article says, "Kent Potikasame, assistant managing director of Viriyah Insurance, aims for 500 million baht in insurance premiums to be derived from the new product within three years. Viriyah Insurance has long been among the top players in the auto insurance industry, but it entered the health insurance market only last year."

I didn't know until reading the article that now Viriyah sells health insurance too. Viriyah has been my car insurance company for many years and they are excellent. I hope the same can be said for their health insurance. If immigration ever starts requiring outpatient insurance, Viriyah will be my first stop. I opted out of outpatient insurance with my medical insurance since outpatient costs are so inexpensive in Thailand.

Those of you having problems obtaining health insurance might want to check to see what Viriyah can offer.
Dale1

Post by Dale1 »

There is a RUMOR going around the Jomtien area that a hospital is to be built on the current location of the Jomtien market -- on Jomtien Second Road -- just opposite of the end of Soi 5 (Immigration soi).

I wonder if the above post and this rumor are actually the same hospital??

To quote the relevant line from the above referenced article>>> "BDMS is constructing a 200-bed hospital at Jomtien Beach in Chon Buri's Pattaya and is expected to start providing services by next year."

I wonder if "Jomtien Beach" would have been used as a reference if the new hospital is going to be way out on Sukhumvit. The end of Soi 5 would be lots closer to "Jomtien Beach".

Remains to be seen.
mahjongguy

Post by mahjongguy »

If you go to the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital clinic across from Tesco on Sukhumvit you can see that there's no doubt; that's where their new hospital is being built.

The rumor about the Rom Po market on Jomtien Second Road is a separate topic, based on a Thai language sign in front of the lady bars indicating that all the leases will expire later this year. The sign seems to have been posted by Bangkok Christian Hospital, implying that they own the property. This has lead to the thought that maybe they intend to build a hospital there. In any case, it appears to apply only to the bar area, not to the market.

I'd be happy to see hospitals in both locations.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

As you mentioned Bangkok Christian Hospital it is an excellent private hospital with somewhat reasonable fees,I hope they are building a hospital in Pattaya, the more the merrier.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
mahjongguy

Post by mahjongguy »

Agreed. A good thing to have nearby.

But it occurred to me that maybe, if they are the land owner, they just don't like the property being rented out to nothing but pussycat bars. ;)
Jun

Post by Jun »

If the insurance company has some kind of contract or other commercial contract with Bangkok Hospital, I would want to know how close that relationship is.

In the scenario where the hospital and the insurer were the same company, obviously they don't have much financial incentive to provide prolonged and expensive treatment and at the margins, the decision making might reflect that.

If the hospital & insurance company are separate, the hospital has an incentive to provide any necessary treatment.

So if the insurance company has a tie up with a hospital, I would want to know how it works.