U.S. Election Results

Captain Swing

U.S. Election Results

Post by Captain Swing »

As of midnight, the Republicans have increased their majority in the Senate, but the Democrats have taken control of the House, giving them the potential to make life miserable for you-know-who. Expect two more years, at least, of partisan warfare, with at least the possibility of some very soul-satisfying congressional investigations of multiple transgressions.

Regrettably, Ted Cruz won.
Undaunted

Re: U.S. Election Results

Post by Undaunted »

I too was looking forward to that asshole Cruz being defeated however, take a good look at rural republican voters and it should be of no surprise.

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:I too was looking forward to that asshole Cruz being defeated
Don't forget good ol' Florida, where I come from. For me, no surprise there. The Republicans won both Governor and Senator, and Marco Rubio won't be up for reelection until 2022.

When many think of Florida they think of two things - Miami and Disney World. However most of Florida is rural - as rural as it gets - and in many areas the most unintelligible southern accent you can imagine - y'all - shotgun rack mounted in the rear window of the pickup truck, with Rebel plates, bib overalls, and plenty of racial prejudice.

I used to say Florida is a great place to be. That was a very long time ago. Now I say Florida is a great place to be from . . .
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

In lieu of the current political climate here is a clip from a TV series "The newsroom".

firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

Trump has no idea how miserable his life will be starting in January. Unfortunately he kept the Senate but Pelosi is far smarter than him and he will either deal or become a JOKE who can get nothing done. Many of his Cabinet Members are about to have severe legal problems and Trump's taxes will surface and show him for the thief he has always been.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

firecat69 wrote:Trumps Taxes will surface and show him for the thief he has always been.
All well and good! Are you ready for President Pence?
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

I just want him to be miserable. Weaken him if he is stupid enough to run for re-election. Pence will be a non factor as long as Trump does not get impeached which of course is impossible with the Senate in Republican hands.

I would love if Trump went bye bye after 1 term and the Republicans were stupid enough to nominate Pence who would get murdered in a Presidential Election. IMHO
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

firecat69 wrote:Republicans were stupid enough to nominate Pence who would get murdered in a Presidential Election. IMHO
Based on what's been going on for the last two years, not to mention the campaign, I'm not so sure anymore. Two years ago several of us were talking about who Hillary Clinton would have in her cabinet because we nearly took for granted she would be elected. Now the only cabinet she has is the one in her kitchen.

If these idiots still haven't seen Trump for what he is after he's been in office for two years, I don't think they ever will. I think Trump will run for a second term and as much as I hate to even think it, the possibility of him winning a second term is a strong one unless the Democrats can come up with a candidate who can make the Trump supporters open their eyes. And if Trump wins a second term, I could see Pence running - and winning - in 2024.

I'll give Trump credit for one thing - he's very good at telling his supporters what they want to hear. And all they're interested in is hearing it. It doesn't seem to make one bit of difference if Trump is or is not able to deliver on his promises or how blatantly obvious his lies, vulgarity, hate mongering, and utter bullshit are.

I agree with what one commentator said today after the election. "The Blue Wave turned out to be a Blue Trickle and the country is still split right down the middle."

I think the only way to stand the best chance of getting rid of the Trump nightmare by the 2020 election is for the Democrats to come up with a very strong candidate and a very strong and very early campaign.

I agree with Undaunted in that I would not want to see President Pence. I would rather see Trump remain in office and the Democratic house block all his shit.

I don't think Trump will be miserable at all. I think he'll revel in it. If any of what he wants passed does indeed get passed, he'll portray himself as a big hero. If not, then he'll happily blaze away at the Democrats and hold rallies to blame them. Where does the miserable part come in? I don't think Trump really gives a damn about America. The only thing Trump gives a damn about is Trump. Why his supporters don't see that, I'll never know.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

Sorry but you've got it wrong! The only thing Trump cares about is winning. That margin will get much bigger in the House as late results come in.

He now has to deal with a women or just resign. Plus we don't know what the Mueller investigation will give us but it is likely to give heartburn to Trump at least.

Trump won because of 70,000 votes in Pa. Michigan and etc which are now run by Democrats and he is unlikely to win those states again.

Also there are now more then a 100 women in the Congress , that can only be better,

Would I like that the Bigots lost in Florida and Georgia? Of course but maybe next time.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

firecat69 wrote:Sorry but you've got it wrong! The only thing Trump cares about is winning.
If Trump ever writes his autobiography, I wonder what the appropriate title would be. Mein Kampf is already taken . . .