Beware if you have a Red Lic. Plate

Anything and everything about Thailand
odd

Re: Beware if you have a Red Lic. Plate

Post by odd »

The reason Honda gave me was that they had run out of books and they 'thought' they were going to be disbanded with in the near future. A friend bought a 'hi-so' car earlier in the year and insisted on getting a red book. He got the car and the book.
I have made no mention of the book being a 'log book', only that it was paired with the number plate.
I do not agree with your argument-the dealers know that it is rare for someone to be stopped so gamble on not supplying the book. Also I repeat my comment that thay are too mean to buy any more books.
I have bought at least six new cars over the last 20 years for my b/f and myself and on five of the occasions we have been supplied with the book and legit plates. These cars were supplied by Honda, Toyota, Mazda, Chevrolet.
I suggest that you have a close look at a few red-plated cars to see if the plates are embossed with a government seal-I bet you will not find many with legit plates!
This is not something people talk about as the majority are not aware of the situation.
odd

Post by odd »

For those still in doubt I suggest you Google Thailand car red number plates A few posts down you will notice some thaivisa comments
Click on the top post June 6 2560 and you can read all about it That should end all the speculation-or will it?! Maybe even Gaybutton
will 'get it'
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

odd wrote:Maybe even Gaybutton will 'get it'
I already get it and I don't know why you are trying to argue with me about it. I believe I said I don't doubt your story. You're not even the one who posted that its a log book.

The only thing I've disputed with you is your claim as to why the dealers don't give out the book, whether it is a book, a log book, the Bible, or anything else. I don't know why dealers don't give it out and neither do you.

If you want to argue about it, argue with somebody else. I've said my piece.
odd

Post by odd »

So sorry to upset you
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

odd wrote:So sorry to upset you
Nice try. Argument over.
traveller123

Post by traveller123 »

I used the term log book meaning it as a book where you write down (i.e. log) your journeys
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

Well it is true. I had a friend who bought a new car with red plates and a logbook.
He was fined at a road block for not using the book.
I was under the belief that you had to record all journeys, not only inter province ones.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Bangkokian wrote:I was under the belief that you had to record all journeys, not only inter province ones.
When are you supposed to record? Before you go? During the drive? After you reach your destination?

Are you supposed to record it if your trip is a couple blocks to a local 7-Eleven?

And as for logging trips, WHY? What purpose is supposed to be served?
traveller123

Post by traveller123 »

Gaybutton wrote:for logging trips, WHY? What purpose is supposed to be served?
I have lived in Thailand 6 years and I suspect you have lived here a lot longer ---------and you ask this question
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

traveller123 wrote:you have lived here a lot longer ---------and you ask this question
You're right. I can't argue with that one . . .