Gaybutton

Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 5

Post by Gaybutton »

fountainhall wrote:I am so tempted to use a very different word for them
Feel free to use it.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Contemptible and wretched sleazeballs. They are now a laughing stock around the world, Sadly not in America.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

fountainhall wrote:What a disgrace - and what a total farce! How many Americans are ashamed, as they should be. of the foul behaviour of these people (and I am so tempted to use a very different word for them)? And this form of adversarial politics is what the United States considers an example to the rest of the world?
I am ashamed and have been for quite sometime of the House of Rep. The gerrymandering that took place over years has allowed some of these scum to get re-elected over and over and run these shameful hearings . But of course even though the main news organizations who are supposedly Liberal carry this drivel for hours , the truth is nobody watches them . 90% of people are working, living their lives etc and get a few snippets of this junk if they watch the nightly news. This charade by the Republicans is for their Big Money Contributors.

The Senate is completely different and just as they have determined the Russians meddled in our Election , they have refused to do inquisitions the type of the House. It is less then 4 months when we will see if the behavior by these Idiots in the House cost them their seats.

The World should pray it does and that it is the beginning of getting rid of Trump. If not I am thankful that I have no offspring that will suffer with what the world becomes.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

firecat69 wrote:It is less then 4 months when we will see if the behavior by these Idiots in the House cost them their seats.
If enough Democrats get out and vote this time, maybe it will happen. I'd love it if it does.
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

fountainhall wrote:What a disgrace - and what a total farce! How many Americans are ashamed, as they should be. of the foul behaviour of these people (and I am so tempted to use a very different word for them)? And this form of adversarial politics is what the United States considers an example to the rest of the world?
Adversarial politics are prevalent throughout the world. I think folk who hate Trump may have a bias in the way they listen to the question and answer session in these videos just as Trump supporters would have a bias towards their guy. The way I heard it, the politicians were simply being politicians -
the Democrat politicians would in my opinion behave the same way if the situation was reversed. The FBI guy didn't come out smelling of roses either. Eloquent he may have been but in his position he shouldn't be tweeting or texting or whatever comments which clearly show he is against a Presidential candidate.

On another matter, Trump is in the UK and being Trump he's been blabbing in interviews. Some are shocked and appalled at his comments but I find them funny as fuck.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Captain Kirk wrote:Adversarial politics are prevalent throughout the world.
Much of the world, perhaps, but not everywhere, especially countries where there are more than two political parties. I reckon adversarial politics are primarily an invention of the west.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

Captain Kirk wrote:The way I heard it, the politicians were simply being politicians -
the Democrat politicians would in my opinion behave the same way if the situation was reversed.
Please in your vast knowledge of US Politics tell me when the Democrats behaved like the Republicans in the Benghazi hearings as well theses ridiculous House hearings. In my life of 72 years and as a citizen of the USA, there has never been a time like this. Of course there have been volatile disagreements but never has there been absolutely no comity in the House between the 2 parties which of course why they are unable to even do the basics and pass a Budget.

This did not start with Trump but has got much worse in his 18 months in office. There is no civility in the House of any kind.

Once the Freedom Caucus came into being the House of Reps has become a disgrace . The Senate has become worse but still infinitely better then the House.
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

firecat69 wrote:Please in your vast knowledge of US Politics . . .
What's with the "vast knowledge" crack? Clinton is corrupt (both of them). There is no politician I know of with an ounce of honesty, decency or morality. The vast majority will sell their vote on any subject to the highest bidder. You want to believe the Democrats are the nice guys as opposed to the serpents of the Republicans then go ahead and believe it. The only good politician is a dead one in my book. That's an opinion that will never change.

The loonies in the videos are buying into the whole Trump vendetta thing. Deluded they may be, but they are in my opinion simply reacting in the same way any politician would. On the other hand, maybe when Trump gets voted out (IF he does) then all the nice folks on the other side will put the world to right like they always have in the past.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

As usual anyone who paints anything with such a broad brush has no idea what he is talking about. Politicians are like people , there are good ones and bad ones and many in between. I feel sorry for anyone who comes from a country where they have to think all politicians are crooks because then they probably think that way about all people!

Churchill, FDR, Mandela , Obama , Eisenhower etc etc etc . Were these, and many others, crooks? I think not!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Captain Kirk wrote:all the nice folks on the other side will put the world to right like they always have in the past.
If the world is destined to be put wrong, I'd much rather have it wrong Democrat style than wrong Republican style.