Finally Police do Real Crackdown on Arabs Motorcyclists in Sunee

Post by Undaunted »

Police stop 100 Arab riders in Sunee:

https://pattayaone.news/en/police-crack ... n-pattaya/
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
gerefan

Re: Finally Police do Real Crackdown on Arabs Motorcyclists in Sunee

Post by gerefan »

So the last crackdown a year or so ago didn't work. I doubt this will unless the pressure is kept up. *Shrugs shoulders*
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

gerefan wrote:I doubt this will unless the pressure is kept up.
You are right. I expect this will work quite the same as most everything else around here. This "crackdown" will last a few days (if even that long), then be forgotten, and everything will be right back to the way it was.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

gerefan wrote:So the last crackdown a year or so ago didn't work. I doubt this will unless the pressure is kept up. *Shrugs shoulders*
I have to say I think the situation in soi VC and Yensabai did improve after last years police raids and has been better since. I no longer fear for my life walking those sois as before. But very good the police keep up the pressure there and catch those Arabs that still are racing.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Hundreds of young Arabs in Sunee tonight few riding motorcycles, shisa is back!
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Jun

Post by Jun »

What they either need to do is pop them in jail for about a week and then send them home, or have some device that pops up a piece of razor wire at about throat level if anyone goes past at > 30mph.

The latter idea is more of a technical challenge, but would fix the problem. What goes round comes round.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote:if anyone goes past at > 30mph.
30mph is still much too fast for the sois surrounding the Sunee Plaza area. I would have a little trouble trying to dodge a motorbike coming at me at 30mph. In any case you don't speed through areas where people are trying to walk and you don't rev up loud motorbike noise in the middle of the night when people are trying to sleep.

The part that bothers me most about them is they couldn't care less about others - only care about their own idea of fun no matter how it affects anyone else.

I think actually enforcing the law would be a help. I have yet to see any of them even wearing a helmet, let alone obeying speed limits and operating a motor vehicle sensibly.

There are crackdowns and there are crackdowns. This is not my idea of a crackdown. It's too weak and will only temporarily put a stop to it. The police are well aware of the goings on in that area. I would have thought public safety ought to supersede people on motorbikes behaving like morons.

If I had my way, they would be stopped, heavily fined and/or jail time, motorbikes confiscated and impounded and they would be the ones who have to pay the fees to get the motorbikes out of impound and back to where they rented them from.
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

The police would think such a crackdown would be 'too much hard work.'
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

The Arabs are OK in small numbers but when you get a bunch of them they turn into wild dogs.

I took a motorbike ride down Soi Yensabai past the now closed Two Guys Guest House a few weeks ago and actually received a few dirty looks which was never the case when they first started migrating to the area. And those lipstick-smeared fat ass whores they cart around with them on their rented motorbikes is just too much.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote:30mph is still much too fast for the sois surrounding the Sunee Plaza area.
I figured the limit needs to be set a bit high, since that's for the razor wire device.

For anything above 20 mph, or other anti-social behaviour, such as making excess noise, confiscation of the bike, heavy fines, a few days in jail & deportation should be the options.