Consequences of Trump's Win - 5

lvdkeyes

Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 5

Post by lvdkeyes »

Isn't everything T Rump does WRONG?
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Gaybutton wrote:I'm just as angry as anybody and I believe the Trump administration needs to be confronted and strongly opposed.
And how do you suggest we, as individuals, confront the complicity of his minions? I want them to be made to feel as uncomfortable as they their lies make the rest of us feel. If she found no restaurant willing to serve her, maybe she'd stand up to Trump and refuse to spread his lies.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

RichLB wrote:If she found no restaurant willing to serve her, maybe she'd stand up to Trump and refuse to spread his lies.
With a base of believers of about 40%, do you seriously believe there are no Trump supporter Conservative Republican owned and run restaurants that would welcome her with open arms? And even if these do not exist, do you seriously believe she would stand up to Trump? She'd be fired within minutes! The man is a mad raving narcissist and egomaniac. He is always right!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote:If she found no restaurant willing to serve her, maybe she'd stand up to Trump and refuse to spread his lies.
That's quite a leap. Do you truly believe she would stop supporting Trump or perhaps resign her position because restaurants won't serve her? Seems to me after she was booted out of this restaurant, unless they went home to eat, some other restaurant must have served them. I would still like to know where they ate.

Besides, I don't think she would refuse to spread his lies in any case. She believes those lies.

As far as what we can do as individuals, the only things I can think of are things such as protest marches and voting Trump and his supporters out of office. But I believe harassing them in restaurants is neither a good way to handle it nor effective.

If people were harassing you in restaurants or refusing to serve you because you stand for something they don't like, would that cause you to change your ways?

I don't know the answer to what can be done as individuals to get people like Sarah Sanders to change their ways, but I don't see tossing her out of restaurants as a method that has any chance of working. I don't have a clue what will work, but I think I right about what won't.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Obviously, the woman won't starve and there will be plenty of places which will welcome her business. However I do believe a large number of Trumpsters really have no logic for their beliefs and merely act like lemmings following the lead of what they perceive as popular opinion as defined by their fellow travelers. The more individual (not group) acts of outrage and dissent that take place, the more likely some of the Trump base will break ranks and abandon the herd. Silently accepting being lied to and accepting the racial slurs of this administration results in normalizing the immorality we've come to expect. Trump supporters should be made to realize there are social consequences for supporting bigotry.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote:Silently accepting being lied to and accepting the racial slurs of this administration results in normalizing the immorality we've come to expect.
I certainly agree with that. It would be very helpful if high profile people in Trump's administration, such as Sarah Sanders, would resign and tell the media, "I've resigned because I have a conscience and I just won't spout Trump's lies, vulgarity, and - forgive me - his total bullshit any more."

Unfortunately, that's only a pipe dream that, short of a miracle, is not going to happen.

The only real chance I see of finally getting rid of these people will be to vote them out of office.

Oh well, only 2 years, 4 months, and 6 days to go until the next presidential election . . .
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Don't be too surprised if T Rump and his ilk are reelected. There are a lot of moronic T Rump supporters. No one, including T Rump himself, believed he would win in 2016.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:Don't be too surprised if T Rump and his ilk are reelected.
That's what worries me. And if the Democrats don't come up with a great candidate and Democrat voters don't go out and vote next time, a Trump reelection is damned likely.

And what worries me even more is after Trump completes a second term, Pence runs for President - and wins.

"What a nauseating prospect!"
- Charles Laughton (Sir Wilfrid Robarts), 'Witness for the Prosecution'
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Trump's Tweet:
Trump wrote:Congresswoman Maxine Waters, an extraordinarily low IQ person, has become, together with Nancy Pelosi, the Face of the Democrat Party. She has just called for harm to supporters, of which there are many, of the Make America Great Again movement. Be careful what you wish for Max!
Maxine Waters reads list of times Trump has called for violence

By Morgan Gstalter

06/25/18

Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) on Monday responded to President Trump’s claim that she called for violence against his supporters by reading a list of times that Trump has used violent rhetoric.

Waters appeared on MSNBC’s “All In With Chris Hayes” after she said Trump misinterpreted her call on Saturday for protesters to confront Trump officials in public.

“He calls for more violence than anybody else,” the California lawmaker said.

She held up a piece of paper to read from a list of times Trump has spoken of violence.

“Listen to some of his statements during his campaign and since he’s been president,” Waters said.

“'I’d like to punch him in the face,'" Waters recalled.

“Another violent statement — ‘I’d like to knock the crap out of them,” Waters quoted.

“Another one — ‘Maybe he should be roughed up,’” Waters recalled.

Waters also pointed to the time when someone was removed from a May 2017 Trump rally in Massachusetts.

“Try not to hurt him but if you do, I’ll defend you in court. Don’t worry about it,” Trump said.

“If that’s not creating violence and supporting violence, what is?” Waters added. “I’ve said nothing like that.”

The Democrat again disputed that she had told her supporters to physically harm Trump supporters.

“Trump is the one who is creating lies, trying to have people believe that I talked about harming people. There’s nowhere in my statement anytime, any place that we talked about harm,” she said earlier Monday.

“Protest is about peaceful resistance to the kind of actions that we are experiencing from this president,” she added.

Trump attacked Waters on Monday, calling her “low IQ” and insinuating that she will face harassment for her remarks.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/39408 ... r-violence
Doug

Post by Doug »

Speaking on immigration, Trump repeatedly spouts that the Democrats want "open borders." I have never hear Trump or his surrogates explain what this means. How is this defined? He says the dems will let anyone in. Is that the definition? Sadly, I have yet to hear democrats consistently refute Trump's claim. If Trump is allowed to keep on with this statement unopposed, I fear for the Dems next November.