Chiang Mai Update

Anything and everything about Thailand
fountainhall

Re: Chiang Mai Update

Post by fountainhall »

Asia Traveler wrote:Local transportation is now changed with the Uber sale to Grab Taxi.
Excellent news. I often walked to avoid the tuk tuk mafia but the distances can be quite long. His Massage is close to Club One Seven and across the bridge from the huge Holiday Inn hotel. Walking from the centre was fine in decent weather but hopeless in the rain or excessive heat.

The one thing I missed 3 years ago was the delicious mango meringue pie which Starbucks offered for many years. Turns out it was made by the hotel/restaurant that was previously on the Club One Seven premises. After that moved out to the eastern suburbs, Starbucks chucked it from the menu. One of the tastiest dessert-type cakes I have ever experienced!
Asia Traveler

Post by Asia Traveler »

Lotus Hotel completes hard wire internet service for my room.
I had my doubts about them actually wiring my room for internet but they did it and I now have my Apple TV connect to the net and can stream Netflix, YouTube etc. So if considering Lotus Hotel note that Room 224 had a hard wire cable for your Steaming device!
Asia Traveler

Post by Asia Traveler »

Circle Pub and Barocco Bar

I visited Circle Pub last night and stayed for most of the show. They have straight looking big dick muscle boys as their speciality. They were mostly decent looking so if you are a fan of that type it maybe a good bet. The bar is heavily decorated with oriental hanging paper lamps and such. Not as sharp and clean as Adams Apple but nicer than New My Way. The show was alternating between drag lip sync and a boy act. Of note was they had a two boy shower show. Cost me about 900 Baht for two Black Label whiskey and one beer. I dropped by Barocco afterwards but the doorman confirmed they are a karaoke bar so I had no interest in looking inside. What struck me as I walked back from Circle Pub was how empty the large street was of people and vendors. The few vendors I saw on my way to the bar were all packing up to go home at 23:00. Adam’s Apple had about six customers who were actively drinking and entertaining the boys. Caught the end of the show and captured three boys to take home. Always a good selection for my tastes at Adam’s Apple. I find the interactions between the boys of interest when taking home a herd. Last night one boy only wanted to play under the sheets as in having the sheet pulled up over our heads making a kinda of tent to have fun in. That was new so now I know he needs more privacy to show what he is willing to do. I will off him alone next time.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Asia Traveler wrote:I will off him alone next time.
What are drink prices and off fees in Chiang Mai these days?
Asia Traveler

Post by Asia Traveler »

Last night I gathered some data. The price is Singh Beer/Jonny Walker Black Label
Ram Bar 180/220
Orion Bar 80/180 smoking allowed
Secrets. 90/180 smoking allowed
The only off price I know is Adam’s Apple at 400 no smoking
New My Way no smoking
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Asia Traveler wrote:Last night I gathered some data.
Thank you very much. I know many of our board readers will appreciate your current information.
Asia Traveler

Post by Asia Traveler »

Free Guy Bar appears to have permanently closed.
Asia Traveler

Post by Asia Traveler »

Super Rich Chiang Mai is not the same company as Super Rich Bangkok per the staff there so don’t assume you will be getting the same exchange rates.
Jun

Post by Jun »

fountainhall wrote: I often walked to avoid the tuk tuk mafia but the distances can be quite long.
Walking is good for one's health & if breaking the tuk tuk mafia, good for your mind as well.
Asia Traveler wrote:Super Rich Chiang Mai is not the same company as Super Rich Bangkok per the staff there so don’t assume you will be getting the same exchange rates.
Even in Bangkok, I believe the green Super Rich is not the same as the Orange one. Perhaps Thai trademarks are not enforced very well.
Downloading the XE app and targeting something about 0.5% from their mid-market rate is always a good guide.
aussie

Post by aussie »

Asia Traveler wrote:The fare is given to you before you book and I pay via Grab Pay by having by credit card on file with the app. No money changes hands. The fares are usually about 60 Baht for local around town trips.
I pay cash for small amounts plus a tip if deserved which is probably better for the drivers. I would be interested to see what cut Grab takes out of the fares.