Pizza delivery man faces deportation - What's your opinion?

firecat69

Re: Pizza delivery man faces deportation - What's your opinion?

Post by firecat69 »

Could not disagree more. His children are US Citizens by birth. The US screwed up when they caught him and did not deport him. Really what did they say please leave the country at your earliest convenience? They failed to do their job and now 8 years later they are going to rip apart a family.

Why? Who does it hurt. We have incompetents in Washington not just now but for many years. .We once were the country that saved the world , now we are the country that shuns the world. We have almost done nothing to help Syrian refugees. The country led by Hitler that we had to defeat now is more sympathetic to those refugees then the USA.

I say again it is simple if the world knows that there is no job for an illegal , they will not come. They come because of scum who love to pay low wages and they could care less where the worker is from.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Generally, if someone enters a country illegally & then breeds, I don't think they should be entitled to stay as a result of breeding.

I also don't think offspring of illegal immigrants should be automatically entitled to stay either.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

Well we have something called a Constitution so it does not matter what any individual thinks anymore then what Dump thinks!

Oh and by the way there are 29 other countries that allow citizenship by birth and others that allow a 2nd passport.

In addition could have become pregnant prior to entering the country. To me breeding is a term reserved for animals not human beings

http://nomadcapitalist.com/2014/10/10/b ... -by-birth/

So many things wrong with your post but I'm sure Trump would put you in his Cabinet :D
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

firecat69 wrote:We have incompetents in Washington not just now but for many years.
I agree with that part, for sure.

Whether the US screwed up by telling him to leave rather than deporting him, that is irrelevant to his case. It does not alter the fact that he has been living illegally in the USA ever since.

I don't agree that 8 years later the USA is ripping his family apart. The USA is not doing that to him. He did it to himself by his refusal to leave the country. He got caught - pure and simple.

Again I ask - what are immigration authorities supposed to do now? Either they comply with the law or they don't. If they don't comply, who gets to make the decision not to comply and on what basis? Immigration has no authority to thwart the law and release this man. What would you suggest immigration authorities do with this man, now that he was caught?

When you ask who does it hurt, my answer is it hurts him, hurts his family, and hurts anyone else in similar circumstances. He caused that himself. When people use the word 'disgusting' to describe the situation, I'm disgusted too, but my disgust is directed at him, not the immigration authorities, for having put his family in this position in the first place.

As far as I know, the only way he had of continuing to live in the USA and making sure his family would not be separated was by avoiding getting caught. I don't see how the fact that he managed to avoid getting caught for 8 years now entitles him to remain in the USA.

He was ordered to leave. He didn't. Instead of asking what good does it do to deport him now, my question would be why didn't he leave when he was supposed to? I think he would have a difficult time trying to come up with a legally acceptable explanation.

Looking at it strictly from the status of legality, does anything give this man the right to remain in the USA?
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

T Rump's wife worked as illegal. Should she be deported?
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

I see GB's logic, but he does not apply it consistently. True, the man is apparently in the US illegally, but if he is, in fact, in the process of applying for a green card, is he rightly considered a "sneak". Also, if he is subject to legal recriminations, his employer is equally liable since it is illegal to hire undocumented workers. The issue of selective enforcement is also an issue. I think one would be hard pressed to find a restaurant, gardening service, farm harvesting, child care service, etc. that did not fill their employee roles with undocumented workers. Either enforce the law uniformly, ignore it, or for god's sake change it to avoid travesties like this.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:T Rump's wife worked as illegal. Should she be deported?
If she was caught, unless there was a legal reason for her to be exempt, then yes, she should have been deported.

RichLB wrote:I see GB's logic, but he does not apply it consistently.
I don't? What's the part where I'm being inconsistent? My whole point is if a person is caught illegally in the USA, then that person is probably going to be deported. Anyone illegally in the USA is well aware of that.

If they take the risk and get caught, that's the law. I'm not saying the law is right, the way it currently exists, but unless the law changes, that's the way it is.

Again, he was caught. What are immigration authorities supposed to do with him now? I don't see where they have any choice. They have no legal authority to release him.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

I am in complete agreement with firecat and lvdkeyes.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

windwalker wrote:I am in complete agreement with firecat and lvdkeyes.
Now that he is in the hands of immigration authorities, what do you think should, or even can, be done with this man?
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

I don't wish to get into some sort of argument with you other than giving my opinion as I stated above.

Here is a piece by the recently deceased Anthony Bourdain regarding immigrants.

“Despite our ridiculously hypocritical attitudes towards immigration, we demand that Mexicans cook a large percentage of the food we eat, grow the ingredients we need to make that food, clean our houses, mow our lawns, wash our dishes, look after our children. As any chef will tell you, our entire service economy—the restaurant business as we know it—in most American cities, would collapse overnight without Mexican workers. Some, of course, like to claim that Mexicans are ‘stealing American jobs.’ But in two decades as a chef and employer, I never had ONE American kid walk in my door and apply for a dishwashing job, a porter’s position—or even a job as prep cook. Mexicans do much of the work in this country that Americans, probably, simply won’t do. In nearly 30 years of cooking professionally, just about every time I walked into a new kitchen, it was a Mexican guy who looked after me, had my back, showed me what was what, was there—and on the case—when the cooks more like me, with backgrounds like mine—ran away to go skiing or surfing—or simply flaked,” he wrote.