Pizza delivery man faces deportation - What's your opinion?

Gaybutton

Pizza delivery man faces deportation - What's your opinion?

Post by Gaybutton »

In one of the few, very few, areas where I agree with Trump, this is one of those areas. While I feel sorry for this man and his family, he was in the USA illegally and 8 years ago had been ordered to leave, but didn't. He took his chances and eventually got caught.

Why should he not be deported? Does the fact that he violated the law, but got away with it for years entitle him to be exempt from immigration laws? What is the USA supposed to do, say, "Well, you haven't committed any crimes in the USA (other than staying in the USA anyway when you were ordered to leave) and you have a family, so we'll just forget about immigration law and make an exception for you."?

I'm sorry, but when people are in a country illegally and knowingly remain and knowingly violate immigration law, feeling sorry for him, to me, does not, and should not, excuse him from deportation, and the same goes for anyone else who is caught.

Is there any country in the world that would not deport people who are caught being there illegally? What do you think would happen to farang when they're caught in Thailand illegally, even if they have been there many years prior to being caught and never violated any other laws or caused problems?

What is YOUR opinion? What do YOU think should be done with this man, and why?
Undaunted

Re: Pizza delivery man faces deportation - What's your opinion?

Post by Undaunted »

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

I think this is absolutely outrageous. It should never have happened. This guy was in the process of applying for a green card. His wife and children are US citizens.
As an aside, The article says "the base" ordered pizza. How does apiece of property order pizza?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:It should never have happened.
Given that he was caught living illegally in the USA, what do you believe should have been done with him?
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

I'm so sick of this BS. He is the father to children, he has a job, he is not a criminal. Leave him alone . Anyone who thinks that 90% of this problem could not be solved in 10 minutes by having mandatory E Verify has their head up their Ass.

But the same people who voted for Dump love using the illegal labor to build homes, mow lawns etc. These big companies hire the illegals to put up dry wall, shingle houses etc. I lived in Las Vegas with a building boom in the 90's . If they had gone after these hard workers , construction would have stopped. Likewise these comfortable people in their gated communities in Florida, Texas etc would have to mow their own lawns etc if this cheap undocumented labor was not available.

These big companies would be in serious trouble if these type of labor disappeared . Time for a national figure to tell the truth. The overwhelming % of undocumented workers have jobs, support their families etc. With the USA essentially at full employment farmers are already destroying portions of their crops because they have no Labor.

All the Politicians are at fault as are people who believe the BS that people like Trump try to spew about immigration.
a447

Post by a447 »

Hasn't Trump been accused of hiring illegal immigrants in the past?
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

If they ever raided his Golf Courses he'd be out of business.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

firecat69 wrote:he is not a criminal.
In my opinion, that's exactly what he is. What gave him the right to stay in the USA illegally, especially since he was ordered to leave? The answer is nothing gave him the right. He took the risk and he got caught.

Hard workers, willing to take low paying jobs that Americans don't want, married with children, have lived in the USA for many years, trying to make a better life, fine admirable people - unfortunately none of that gives these people the right to be illegally in the USA.

When these people get caught, the authorities can't just let them go. That would set a hell of a dangerous precedent - you might be here illegally, but if you have a sad enough story we'll just ignore the law for you.

When people say leave him alone and let him go, who gets to actually make the decision to do that? And make that decision based on what?

There is only one solution for people in similar situations to be able to remain legally. Change the law. Legalize them. Give them a way to be able to remain if they want to. Until then, they are illegal and they know it. If they are caught, they knew the risks and the consequences. They are responsible for their own actions.

Again, tell me any country in the world - any country - that permits people to remain there illegally. Why should the USA be different?
stkyricesf

Post by stkyricesf »

Well one good thing will come out of this, at least the family will now be able to go on welfare, food stamps and probably wind up in a homeless center or on the streets. The kids will grow up without a father. Making America Great Again.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

stkyricesf wrote:Making America Great Again.
I see it differently. I don't see it as having anything to do with Making America Great Again or not. The sarcasm implies America is at fault for the plight of illegal immigrants. Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't their plight their own fault? Nobody forced these people to illegally enter and remain in the USA, but once they did, now they are subject to the consequences if they get caught.

What you wrote might very well happen. If it does, whose fault is it? Is it the fault of the US government or the fault of the person who chose to remain in the USA illegally, knowing what the consequences might be if caught, and putting his family at risk of having to suffer those consequences?

I wonder if his family, or any similar families, have a contingency plan in place, ready for the day the person(s) residing illegally gets caught.