When You Can Decide Enough is Enough!

Undaunted

When You Can Decide Enough is Enough!

Post by Undaunted »

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
windwalker

Re: When You Can Decide Enough is Enough!

Post by windwalker »

I recall some time ago when another older gentlemen decided enough was enough and traveled to Switzerland to end it all. Much the same as this man, intelligent, well spoken and determined that it was his time to end it all. So maybe living to an old age is not the way to go?
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

I believe it comes down to freedom of choice and no other peoples religious objections should interfere with your right to choose when the time is right for you.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

Undaunted wrote:I believe it comes down to freedom of choice and no other peoples religious objections should interfere with your right to choose when the time is right for you.
I agree. Despite any laws I've already made my own mind up that there are certain markers which will dictate the timing of my own exit. Always assuming of course, that fate does not interfere beforehand.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Captain Kirk wrote:certain markers which will dictate the timing of my own exit.
Better start saving up:
According to the official Dignitas website, as of 2017 Dignitas charges its patients 7’000 Swiss Francs (approx. £5’180 / $7’980) for preparation and suicide assistance, or 10’500 Swiss Francs (approx. £7,770 / $11,970) in case of taking over family duties, including funerals, medical costs and official fees.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dignitas_ ... anisation)
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

Gaybutton wrote:Better start saving up
Ach no GB, that's not my game. The sentence started "Despite any laws" indicating that I will be ending my own life when I so choose again assuming this precedes fate. No need for trips to Switzerland. One handgun, one bullet, job done.