Pattayanis-Greeklicious: A hole-in-the-wall Greek Restaurant

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Gaybutton

Pattayanis-Greeklicious: A hole-in-the-wall Greek Restaurant

Post by Gaybutton »

I greatly enjoy it when we discover these little open air hole-in-the-wall places that turn out to be very good. Pattayanis-Greeklicious is one of those places. This evening three of us gave it a try and we loved it. We're definitely going to be back.

If you're looking for ambiance and atmosphere, this is the wrong place, but if you're looking for authentic Greek food at reasonable prices, with very good service and good sized portions, give Pattayanis-Greeklicious a try.

The owner and the cook are both Greek. The owner is a lot of fun and has that fun loving Greek personality.

There are plenty of choices and it's a picture menu with good English descriptions. A lightly toasted garlic bread is served with all orders. I started with the Greek salad. With feta cheese it's 160 baht. Without the feta it's 80 baht. I had mine without the feta. All three of us had the moussaka and we all agreed it's the best we've had in Pattaya.

I had the Greek salad without feta cheese, the moussaka, and water to drink. Total bill: 325 baht.

With some of the menu items, they're also willing to split the portions if you want to try a couple different items.

Getting to Pattayanis-Greeklicious should be fairly easy for all. If you're coming from Third Road, turn on Soi 21. There's also a Soi 21/1 and 21/2, but go down those. Go down Soi 21 toward Soi Buakhao. It'll be on your right about 35 meters before you get as far as Soi Buakhao. There's plenty of parking on the street.

If you're coming from the Boyztown-Pattayaland - Sunee Plaza area, you can take a baht bus on Soi Buakhao, heading away from Pattaya Tai. Exit the baht bus at Soi 21. Again, it's about 35 meters up Soi 21, on your left. At the intersection of Soi Buakhao and Soi 21 there is an illuminated sign that says "Pattayanis-Greeklicious" and points you up the soi.

GPS coordinates are: N 12 55 52 8, E 100 53 12 8
2lz2p

Re: Pattayanis-Greeklicious: A hole-in-the-wall Greek Restaurant

Post by 2lz2p »

Gaybutton wrote:If you're looking for ambiance and atmosphere, this is the wrong place, but if you're looking for authentic Greek food at reasonable prices, with very good service and good sized portions, give Pattayanis-Greeklicious a try.
Pattayanis is moving and renaming itself Pattayanis Greek Garden. Apparently will open 1 May. Here is announcement from their Facebook page:
My dear customers and friends. Pattayanis is moving nearer to Buda
Pattayanis from 1/5/2018 will be at paradise!
I am creating for you a real Greek garden. All those 6 years I had your support and now I am getting ready to offer to you the perfect environment for a Greek taverna . My very own Greek garden at the heart of Pattaya. At Pratumnak soi 2 next to hill side resort near the Big Buddha. The same quality price and entertainment I am known for, but now at the best position in town. VIP parking for cars too and a lot of space for motorbikes.
I have never tried their current, soon to be previous, location; but have ordered delivery through Foodpanda (door2door). So, I am looking forward to a more convenient location for me to visit the restaurant, which according to photo on Facebook page looks as if it will have some Ambiance - https://www.facebook.com/greekfoodpattaya.pattayanis/
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote:I am looking forward to a more convenient location for me to visit the restaurant
Thank you for the post. I haven't been back since my first visit, mainly because it took forever for the food to be served. While the food was excellent and worth the wait, it was just too much of a wait for me. I'm hoping that problem will be rectified at his new location.

I'll certainly be giving it a try once his new location opens. I usually wait at least a couple weeks when a new restaurant or relocated restaurant opens to give time to work out any unforeseen problems.

There wasn't any entertainment when we went. Maybe in his Greek garden the entertainment will be something like this:

lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

We went to the new Pattayanis on Pratumnak Soi 2 tonight for a light meal. It is a very pleasant place with a friendly gregarious owner. I had Greek Salad, Kalamata olives and saganaki, which is a fried feta cheese. It was a small portion, but very tasty. My bf had Thai seafood salad (what else would he have) and pita bread. He had water to drink. I had a Coke. I ordered one baklava, which was 4 cubes about 1 inch square. Best baklava I have had in Thailand. Total bill was 1080 THB. We will definitely be going back for a more substantial meal.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Was it easy to find on Pratumnak Soi 2? Also, was there adequate parking for cars? I will be joining my friend there Friday evening - he will be concerned about any "steps", "curbs", "stairs", etc. as he has difficulty walking and needs help negotiating any such barriers (to him).
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Directions from their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/pattaya ... 618697397/
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

The easiest way to get there it to go down Soi 3 to the end, turn right and right again on Soi 2. The reason I say that is if you go down Soi 2 there is no exit except to do the reverse of what I just said. There is easy street parking. Walking to the restaurant from the street is a bit dodgy as it just a path and uneven. I have a problem with walking due to a bad knee and I managed by just taking it slow.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

lvdkeyes wrote:The easiest way to get there it to go down Soi 3 to the end, turn right and right again on Soi 2. The reason I say that is if you go down Soi 2 there is no exit except to do the reverse of what I just said. There is easy street parking. Walking to the restaurant from the street is a bit dodgy as it just a path and uneven. I have a problem with walking due to a bad knee and I managed by just taking it slow.
Thanks - I rec'd a notification from Pattaya Foodies Group Facebook page this morning - owner posted directions along with videos and photos. Also, special thanks regarding going down Soi 3 and then going toward Pratumnak on Soi 2. Pattaya Foodies Group page is the same one that Undaunted posted the link above.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Their web site is: http://pattayanis.com/index.html

The menu is a picture menu with descriptions in English.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

This evening 4 of us went and all 4 of us really liked it and definitely will be back. The food is authentic Greek and the portions are huge.

If you're looking for fine dining ambiance, wrong restaurant. But if you want good Greek food, good service, and a friendly atmosphere, this is worth a try.

I had the Greek salad, moussaka, and water to drink. My bill came to 470 baht.

Undaunted, are you going to try it? I'm waiting for your usual post telling us all about how you didn't like it . . .