Bangkok report April 2018

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Bangkok report April 2018

Post by Gaybutton »

a447 wrote:Sorry. Couldn't work out how to post the photo here.
For instructions how to include photos in your posts, see: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8576

I took a look at your photo of "Homo Hill." I'm trying to figure out why you even bothered to post it. All I see is a dark empty street. Not exactly my idea of a reason to book a flight to Seoul . . .

Did you mean to convey the idea that Seoul's "Homo Hill" is a big nothing?
aussie

Post by aussie »

Gaybutton wrote:That is certainly an intriguing name
"Homo hill" gets its name from the gay bars being on streets with a rather steep incline. There was more than one street of bars although one main street as a447 mentioned and it was fairly dark which I was told was to not make the area too conspicuous. There were quite a few transgender bars, you could not see inside from the street but the door would open and I would be invited inside as I passed by. Not my scene so I declined their offer. The two gay bars that I visited had expensive drinks and no boys available like in the Thailand beer bars. So no need to rush to Seoul for their gay bar scene, Thailand is still the best in that regard.

The staff at my hotel in Seoul did not care when my Korean friend arrived to stay with me so I would not worry about any problems bringing a guy to your room.
a447

Post by a447 »

Did you mean to convey the idea that Seoul's "Homo Hill" is a big nothing?
Yep. A picture is worth 1000 words, as they say!
a447

Post by a447 »

As you can see, only one bar - Why Not - was open. There were only 2 customers, both farang, sitting at the bar. No boys in sight. They charge $10 entry fee!

The area, called Itaewon, was packed with gay couples but God only knows where they were heading off to. Certainly not to the famed Homo Hill.

Not a single "homo" erectus in sight.

Why not, indeed!
a447

Post by a447 »

I'm back!

I flew into Bangkok from Seoul last night. Immigration was virtually deserted and I got through to the luggage carousels within 5 minutes - the quickest ever.

But there was some problem off-loading the bags and I had to wait 40 minutes before mine appeared.

Normally, I take the train if I arrive on the weekend, as I've been caught in a massive traffic jam in the past. But last night I decided to chance it and was surprised at the total lack of traffic anywhere along the route. Even Suriwong Street was a breeze, and I arrived at my hotel in record time.

So it's the taxi from now on. But I'm wondering if taxi fares have recently gone up because it cost me 450 baht, rather than the usual 300 and something. He used the meter.

After a quick shower it was off to meet my friends at the bar. We couldn't have our usual fun as there was a customer sitting at the bar with a girl. But as soon as they left the doorman went outside to keep a look-out for approaching customers and we had our usual fun.

Just as we'd finished a Japanese guy walked in with his wife and we had a bit of a chat. He's not gay but was simply looking for somewhere to enjoy a late night drink or three. But they seemed to enjoy themselves as they say and chatted with one of the guys.

Many of the boys still haven't returned from Songkran and there were only 4 working. But my two were there, and that's the main thing.

Tonight I might head off to Soi Twilight and see a show, seeing as it's Saturday night.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

a447 wrote:So it's the taxi from now on. But I'm wondering if taxi fares have recently gone up because it cost me 450 baht, rather than the usual 300 and something. He used the meter.
Please remember that many who live in Bangkok are still on holiday. The traffic has been very light on the expressways and in the city all week. I am sure it will get back to "normal" very soon and those jams will reappear.

I suspect you had a taxi with a doctored meter. Since I travel to and from BKK a lot, I know pretty much what the fare should be in both directions, even when allowing for traffic. At least four times in the last 2 years I have got to the first or second toll booth well aware that the meter was showing at least 25% more than it ought to. Although my Thai is rudimentary I just tell the driver in English "meter broken". Always the drivers will pretend not to hear. So I start taking photos of him, the meter, his licence and the taxi's licence. On all but one occasion the drivers have then turned the meters off and I have paid what I normally do. The other occasion he waived me away with an OK sort of gesture. On arrival I got my bag out, again paid when I normally pay and he drove off.

I live not far from Sathorn. The meter fare with light traffic should be only Bt. 230 + 50 for the airport departure fee + 75 for the two tolls,
Uranus

Post by Uranus »

You should also be able to read the distance travelled on the meter. If it’s anything more than 38-40 km from Suvarnabhumi to Silom, the meter has been illegally tampered with.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Just for info, the Bangna/Chonburi Expressway route from BKK is around 6 kms longer to Silom than the more usual Sirat Expressway (Route 7). It should be approx 39 kms compared to around 33 kms. Cannot recall what the tolls are on the former route, though. I have encountered several taxi drivers who try to turn left on the road out of the airport to take that longer route. I always tell them firmly to go straight ahead on to Route 7.
a447

Post by a447 »

So off I went to XBoys.

I arrived in Soi Twilight at 9:45 and it was very quiet compared to a couple of years ago, especially for a Saturday night. The show didn't start until 10:30 so I wandered further down the soi where I saw the German owner of Dreamboys sitting outside. I went over and had a chat with him. He's acutely a very nice guy and really loves to talk.

I asked him the obvious question about the future of the soi and he told me what we have already heard - the soi will close in a year's time. He's now 78 and is thinking of throwing in the towel and retiring.

I entered XBoys at 10 pm and the place was half full. As expected these days the customers were all Asian, bar myself and two other farang. But by the time the show began it was three-quarters full.

The mamasan seated me at the back of the bar where I had a great view, but I was soon joined by a group of large Chinese customers who all began smoking. Talk about the Great Pall of China, I could hardly breathe! And they were blowing smoke all over me. So inconsiderate. I got up and a sat by myself on a sofa right next to the stage.

There were 15 boys on stage and another 5 or so sitting with customers. I had a bit of a laugh as one cute Asian guy had a boy sitting either side of him and he was desperately going for the grope. But the boys, not to be outdone, were equally desperately trying to protect their manhood. And in the end, they won hands down. They've had a lot of practice. Lol

Only 1 guy on the stage stood out - number 65 had a huge bulge and the outline of his long, thick appendage was there for all to see. I waited for the rotation to get another look but he never came around. A quick survey of the bar saw him sitting with a customer. The good ones don't last long. And there was 1 gay boy who cuddled another boy from behind and I watched as he got a very quick hard-on, which he proudly showed off to all and sundry. As usual, I spent a lot of time ogling the cute Chinese guys in the audience. Some were just gorgeous!

For details of the show just read any of my reports from say, 5 years ago!

The last act was the chuck-wow show. They keep dragging out the same guy to perform. Not that I'm complaining, as he is very good-looking and has a very nice cock. It's just that I feel a little sorry for him, as that's his night over and done with - not much chance of an off. I hope the bar pays him well. He put on his usual sterling performance and although he didn't shoot as far as he normally does, he produced a prodigious load. Awesome!

One thing I can never understand is the attitude of some of the Asian customers I've witnessed over the years. They avert their eyes whenever a cock appears. A really cute couple was sitting opposite me and they turned their eyes away when the big cock show began. And they weren't interested at all in the chuck-wow show. How can a gay guy not be interested in cock??

Drinks 350 baht.
a447

Post by a447 »

I went to Hotmale for the show tonight.

I arrived at 10pm and the 9:45 show was in progress. There was a stripper on stage when I walked in but then it was over! So much for the show!

The bar was virtually empty and they had about 10 guys on stage, including a gogo granddad with a pot belly! And I know that Soi Twilight is going through lean times but a couple of the boys looked quite emaciated.

A pesky waiter came over and tried to sit with me but I cut him off at the pass by moving to the edge of the sofa. When I told him I was just looking, he went through all the boys on stage, telling me where they were from. There was one guy from Myanmar with a gorgeous body - number 23 - and a couple from Cambodia.

"What you like? You like big cock?"

"Not particularly."

"Number 15 have long cock."

I feigned disinterest and he finally left me in peace to ogle.

Number 17 has the most beautiful smile; it would melt your heart. And number 6 was really cute and appeared later in the show sporting an impressive member. One guy, whose number I can't remember (the Myanmar boy?), as I had my eyes elsewhere , had an incredible bulge that his briefs were battling to contain. He kept smiling at me and every now and then would give me a little wave.

Desperate times! Lol

I've always thought that Hotmale has the best looking guys, and tonight was no exception. A couple of the coyote dancers were really hot and handsome, although their "dancing" was not up to Hotmale's normal high standard.

I've also always believed that they have the most hung guys of any of the bars in the soi, and I wasn't disappointed.

The show began and was quite interesting. The acts actually drew loud applause. (That's got to be a first.) But for me it lacks the sleaze factor.

As usual, the was plenty of cock on display right from the beginning, which I think is a particular feature of this bar. If joined together they would reach to the moon. And back, probably. And unlike other bars, it's not just a few of the guys in the show who are well-endowed - they all have a lot going for them, so to speak. Does Hotmale only employ hung guys, I wonder.

And not a lip-syncing ladyboy in sight.

Then number 15 appeared - the guy with the allegedly long cock. OMG! I'm guessing 9 inches. He's also very handsome and had a swimmer's physique. What's not to like? Mr Perfect!

As he was going through his routine, which included a bit of pole dancing, three young Japanese girls came in, sat down the front and nearly fainted. I've never seen a 9 incher in Japan, and I'm sure they haven't, either. They squealed with delight as he came up to them and waved it in their face. If truth be known, I was also squealing!

He re-appeared later in other acts and got down from the stage, along with number 17 with the killer smile and gave the Japanese girls a grope. They will definitely be back tomorrow night.

After the show I was determined to have Mr 9 incher sit with me but someone grabbed him before me.

Damn!

Drinks 400 baht for the first one, then 350 thereafter. Bar only one quarter full, if that.