New Screw Boys

Anything and everything about Thailand
tree

New Screw Boys

Post by tree »

Has anyone been to the New Screw Boys in BKK?
They advertise as "Karaoke" and also as "a-go-go boy bar".
What exactly is the concept of a Karaoke Bar (compared to Host Bar and Gogo Bar)?
Gaybutton

Re: New Screw Boys

Post by Gaybutton »

tree wrote:What exactly is the concept of a Karaoke Bar (compared to Host Bar and Gogo Bar)?
A gay Karaoke bar works just about the same as a host bar. You can have a boy sit with you, if available several boys sit with you, or sit alone while "enjoying" the karaoke singing. You can sing too if you want. Of course, any boys you invite to sit with you will expect a tip of at least 100 baht or more, depending on how long they sit with you.

I have never heard of a combination karaoke bar and go-go bar, so someone else will have to respond to that.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

I have only once been to a host-type karaoke bar in Bangkok. The noise was near unbearable and the quality of most of the singing worse than desperate. I left pretty quickly and will never return to such an establishment. Maybe it was a bad choice! Maybe it was a bad hair day! Whatever the reason, the decision was easy.
colmx

Post by colmx »

Gaybutton wrote:. Of course, any boys you invite to sit with you will expect a tip of at least 100 baht or more, depending on how long they sit with you.
The bar may also charge you 200B per boy per rotation (~30/40 mins) to sit at your table... so make sure you know the rules in advance!

So for instance if you had opened a bottle of whiskey @1500 and 3 boys invited down from the stage for 30 mins, you would find 600B added to you bill.
When (all) the boys are eventually called back up to do another "parade" and you invite 4 boys this time... you would find an additional 800B added to you bill.

The bill can add up very fast over the course of a few hours!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

colmx wrote:The bar may also charge you 200B per boy per rotation (~30/40 mins) to sit at your table... so make sure you know the rules in advance!
For me, that is a new one that I had never heard of until your post. You just added to my list of reasons why I don't go to any of the Bangkok bars.

I remember not liking it when the gay hook-up apps started to become prominent. Now I'm grateful for them. Speaking only for myself, when it comes to bars charging inflated prices in the first place and then coming up with new ways to rip off their customers, include me out.
a447

Post by a447 »

It appears they have more fun in Chinese karaoke bars.

Google "gay Chinese ktv."
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

I have seen those group videos on tumblr sites. I'm in Beijing next month. I'd love to know where they are - if in fact they still exist. Looks like fun, but also looks like only Chinese present.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote:A gay Karaoke bar works just about the same as a host bar.
Except, for what Fountainhall describes as the unbearable noise, which is probably exactly how I would perceive it.

We can visit gogo bars & see lads in cute underwear, with some music.
We can sit with them at a host bar and make conversation.
Or we can go to a gay Karaoke bar & see them with clothes on & making an unbearable noise.

I presume these Karaoke bars are aimed at a different market segment, possibly a younger crowd heavily fueled by alcohol ?
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Gaybutton wrote:For me, that is a new one that I had never heard of until your post. You just added to my list of reasons why I don't go to any of the Bangkok bars.
It isn't just the Bangkok bars. All the Pattaya Karaoke bars do the same. They have been like it for years.
catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

tree wrote:They advertise as "Karaoke" and also as "a-go-go boy bar".
Xboys in Pattaya is also a boy gogo bar and karaoke.
After the gogo bar closes, the karaoke part begins.

Royal House Male Massage, very close to Tuk Com, also converts to a karaoke bar late in the evening.