Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Captain Kirk
Been liked: 24 times

#441 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Captain Kirk » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:19 am

Dodger wrote:
firecat69 wrote:I could care less about watches and hand bags.

U.S firms reported that among the losses they incurred as a result of IP rights infringement in China, those associated with copyright infringement were the largest monetarily, accounting for approximately $23.7 billion in losses in 2009.

How does one substantiate these figures though? How can they possibly know how much has been lost? I have in the past worn a fake Rolex watch. You know what that cost Rolex? Nothing. I don't pay circa £2000 for a watch so there was never a prospect of me buying a real one. Same with any other fake gear I might have lying around. So just how can anyone calculate what has been lost?

fountainhall
Liked: 114 times
Been liked: 301 times

#442 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby fountainhall » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:19 am

Amid the all the Comey revelations of Trump's chronic lying and his acting like an old-fashioned mob boss, almost lost has been Trump's instructions to Larry Kudlow, his severely experience-challenged Economic Council Director, to have his administration do a total U-turn and look into the possibility of once again being part of the Trans-Pacific Partnership. Withdrawal from the TPP was a key campaign promise and it was one of his first actions as President just 2 days after the Innauguration. That was the first of his many actions taken without any real understanding of the consequences. At a stroke it handed China a massive advantage, even though China was not part of the TPP. Indeed, the TPP was set up primarily to counter China's trade advances.

With two countries lambasted by Trump, Canada and Mexico, being original members of the 13 country TPP pact, it's going to be really interesting to see how they are going to play Trump's latest gambit. Japan also is part of the TPP and it is still stuck with Trump's new tariffs on steel and aluminium. SO much for Trump's lie about his experience to be President!

Gaybutton
Site Admin
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 484 times

#443 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Gaybutton » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:13 am

fountainhall wrote:Trump's chronic lying and his acting like an old-fashioned mob boss

Donald Trump - The "Un-Godly Father"

This is who is President of the United States?

firecat69
Been liked: 26 times

#444 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby firecat69 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:40 pm

Captain Kirk wrote:
Dodger wrote:
firecat69 wrote:I could care less about watches and hand bags.

U.S firms reported that among the losses they incurred as a result of IP rights infringement in China, those associated with copyright infringement were the largest monetarily, accounting for approximately $23.7 billion in losses in 2009.

How does one substantiate these figures though? How can they possibly know how much has been lost? I have in the past worn a fake Rolex watch. You know what that cost Rolex? Nothing. I don't pay circa £2000 for a watch so there was never a prospect of me buying a real one. Same with any other fake gear I might have lying around. So just how can anyone calculate what has been lost?

Exactly and in truth Law Enforcement should stop spending any time and money about hand bags and watches . It does not harm the Companies who produce the real product in any way.

I have bought copy hand bags as presents and certainly told the people I bought them for that they were fakes. Same for watches. I would never spend the ridiculous amount of money that the real things cost even though I could afford them for myself .

People who pay thousands for hand bags or watches do it to make themselves feel important. People who buy knock offs could in 99% of the cases never afford those things for themselves and certainly not as presents.

Gaybutton
Site Admin

#445 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Gaybutton » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:37 pm

firecat69 wrote:People who pay thousands for hand bags or watches do it to make themselves feel important.

To me, people spending enormous amounts of money, all of which could be spent on better things, on jewelry and other expensive items - in my opinion nothing more than a form of snobbery that fails to impress me and never did. I've never understood it.

Gaybutton
Site Admin

#446 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Gaybutton » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:34 am

Trump's Syria speech:

Captain Kirk
Been liked: 24 times

#447 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Captain Kirk » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:28 pm

So, one step nearer armageddon then. How wonderful. Frankly it's bullshit, the lot of it. Smokescreens about chemical weapons are for the seriously brain damaged. Theresa May on tv now using the phrase "chemical weapons" copious times. So let me get this straight then: Assad can bomb utter fuck out of his entire country, wipe out every man, woman and child still standing.....just as long as it's not chemical weapons he uses - and that would be ok?

Up2u
Liked: 207 times
Been liked: 73 times

#448 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Up2u » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:58 pm

It appears Mueller's team have evidence Michael Cohen lied to (House Committee) and others (on Twitter) that he did not travel to Prague in 2016 to meet with Russians. This was first mentioned in the Steele dossier, never could be verified (until now) and was used by the Republicans to discredit the dossier. Will the Republicans reopen their House investigation? Doubtful, they are too busy attacking Comey, Rosenstein and the FBI. Trump and his consigliere now have problems perhaps more serious than the Russian investigation.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN1HL00J

Gaybutton
Site Admin

#449 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Gaybutton » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:59 am

Gaybutton
Site Admin

#450 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Gaybutton » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:55 am

This keeps getting better and better. By some strange coincidence Trump's attorney, Michael Cohen, had a "secret client" who turns out to be none other than Fox New's Sean Hannity. Trump's inner circle. Where's Heydrich, Himmler, Goering, and Bormann?

Return to “Everything Else”