Boystown Soi

Anything and everything about Thailand
stkyricesf

Boystown Soi

Post by stkyricesf »

I understand the upgrade to the street on the soi for Boystown has begun. My understanding is it will take about 6 weeks. I hope the businesses can survive during this period. I wasn't planning on coming back till April and hope the businesses will able to survive.
Montree

Re: Boystown Soi

Post by Montree »

The bars in the XBoys Soi all managed to stay open during the work done there even if it did get a bit difficult to access at times. I don't know if it put anybody off but I could see no reduction in numbers at XBoys.
aussie

Post by aussie »

Boyz Town yesterday afternoon. Looking towards Panorama Bar at the end of the soi.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I can understand the frustration if you happen to be in Pattaya at this time and want easy access to the bars. However, the work being done on the soi is years overdue and the time to get this work done is during low season - and right now it's low season.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

January ( when they started it ) is supposed to be high season.
However all credit for not doing it in low (rainy) season.
stkyricesf

Post by stkyricesf »

I hear from my friends that the soi in boystown is completed. Just in time for my return in 3 weeks.
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

They knew you were coming, so hurried the workers along.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Well, they were doing the work on the nearby soi with Kawaii Boys etc in high season, but it doesn't stop the party. This is Thailand. Even with 1.5m deep holes in the road, the customer was always free to make his way past this to the bars in the evening.

In Europe, some health & safety Nazi would have closed the whole street off. In Thailand, you can do as you please. As long as you are mobile, you can get to the bars. That's one area where Thailand is way ahead.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Well here we are approx 1 year after the installation of a brand new concrete road surface. Boyztown has evidence of numerous repairs. The adjacent sois have a surface which has broken down in large patches. Probably no better than what was there before the work was done.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Years ago I asked Jim Lumsden (of the Ambiance) If the soi was public or private.
He replied when the city wanted to regulate it, it was public. When the street needed repair, it was private.