Twoguy's Guesthouse Pattaya to close by Thursday, February 8

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Twoguy's Guesthouse Pattaya to close by Thursday, February 8

Post by Gaybutton »

I'm sad to say that yet another highly popular, long time Pattaya icon is closing. The story I'm getting is a developer bought the building occupied by Twoguys and also the building next door.

I'm told Twoguys is supposed to vacate by Thursday, February 8.

I'm also told that those who currently have a booking will be notified by Email, although I wouldn't count on that.

I have not heard anything about Twoguys opening at another location, but if they do, I will certainly make sure the information is posted here.
Dodger

Re: Twoguy's Guesthouse Pattaya to close by Thursday, February 8

Post by Dodger »

Sad news.

I have enjoyed my routine breakfasts at 2G's ever since Monty first opened its door many years ago. It went on the be a regular meeting place for gay visitors and expats alike over the years and I'm sure there are many other guys feeling the sadness right now.

I became friends with John (the current owner) when he purchased 2G's about 8 years ago (I think) as well as Aek who is the current manager. They are two great guys and I'm sure they are feeling the pain as well.

This is just one more indication that the dwindling numbers of gay visitors to Pattaya, and Thailand in general, is having its impact on even the most dedicated and tenacious of business owners. Frankly, I've been amazed for several years now at how any of the businesses operating in or around Sunee Plaza could be surviving. There simply isn't the cash flow anymore, and as much as it pains me to think about it, I doubt there will be in the future either. The Thai government started painting the backdrop on the sex scene in general and have concerted efforts to change the face of Pattaya to make it more family friendly (their words - not mine). The recent roost at Ting Tong Red is just another indication of their true intent.

Thanks TwoGuys... for the wonderful memories.
Captain Kirk

Re: Twoguy's Guesthouse Pattaya to close by Thursday, February 8

Post by Captain Kirk »

Sorry to hear that as it is a place I've stayed at before. As already stated, it's a sign of the times. Ever dwindling exchange rate doesn't help at all. I still remember my first visit when the rate was 70B for £1. Now around 42B for £1. Massive difference.