Death of Rainwalker

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Death of Rainwalker

Post by Gaybutton »

My thanks to both Thaiworthy and Travelerjim for informing me. I received both notifications simultaneously.

I am very sad to have to post that Harold Gershuny, known to many of us as Rainwalker, died this morning of an apparent sudden heart attack.

Rainwalker was well known and a good friend to many of us in Pattaya. He had been a long time moderator on the Gay Thailand board.

Of course, as further details become available they will be posted.

I just received the following in an email:

Harold Gershuny, a/k/a "Rainwalker", died suddenly last night at his home in Jomtein Navette. He was found on his bedroom floor by his husband, Rick Hunter who is visiting from New York.

Harold and Rick apparently had a enjoyable evening out the night before, with dinner at Mantra and barhopping in Boyztown.
windwalker

Re: Death of Rainwalker

Post by windwalker »

I had met Harold, last night, at Oscars in Boyztown. So sad to know of his passing. He will be missed by all.
ChrisUK

Post by ChrisUK »

Truly sad news.
Sanook; just want to have fun in the sun
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

I had dinner and drinks with Harold here in BKK on January 6, the night before his husband Rick was due to arrive from NY. It's fortuitous that he was here in town instead of thousands of miles away. Here's a picture of them together when they met 31 years ago, which I obtained from Rick's FB page. Harold was 70. RIP, Harold.

Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Very sad news.

I've known Harold for most of the 20 years that I've been coming to Thailand and he will be dearly missed.

Great guy...great personality...more intelligent than most around him and always down-to-earth...so sad!
PattayaBob

Post by PattayaBob »

Any news on funeral arrangements? RIP Harold
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

No funeral arrangements have yet been announced.
Captain Swing

Post by Captain Swing »

Quote: '"died this morning of an apparent sudden heart attack.....Harold and Rick apparently had a enjoyable evening out the night before, with dinner at Mantra and barhopping in Boyztown."

I didn't know the gentleman. I'm sorry for his untimely passing, but I have to say, when my time comes I hope I'm lucky enough to go in a similar fashion.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

My latest information is there will be a funeral and cremation for Harold in Pattaya. Plans are being made, but are not finalized yet. When more information becomes available, especially when and at which wat the funeral will be, of course it will be posted.

From what I am told, there should be more information within the next day or two.
bao-bao

Post by bao-bao »

I only had the pleasure of meeting Rainwalker once or twice, but we'd emailed and exchanged messages on the board quite a number of times over the 15 years or so I've been visiting Thailand. He was always helpful with his replies, and a pleasant person to chat with. I'll miss that, and I offer my good thoughts to him, wherever he is now.

I hope his passing was gentle.