Eros bar - Sunee Plaza - update

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Eros bar - Sunee Plaza - update

Post by Gaybutton »

a447 wrote:If the owner is in town but hasn't renewed the licence, then that seems to indicate that he has had enough.
I doubt that Eros will remain closed. That bar is far too popular to just close, unless of course there is some sort of serious problem we don't know about - yet.

License renewal takes time and many government offices were closed for the holidays and only recently reopened.

I think at this point assuming the bar has permanently closed is a bit on the premature side.

If anyone spots Stefan, how about simply asking him what the story is? If anyone finds out, please let us know.
Maple

Post by Maple »

This according to a long-time Eros waiter: Stefan, the owner and Tawan, the manager, went to the Banglamung Licensing office today to apply for the renewal of Eros's license.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Maple wrote:Stefan, the owner and Tawan, the manager, went to the Banglamung Licensing office today to apply for the renewal of Eros's license.
That makes sense. Stefan is in town to do the renewal and, as some may recall, for awhile Eros was closed for renovations. It wouldn't make much sense to spend money on renovations only to close a couple months later.
aussie

Post by aussie »

Gaybutton wrote: It wouldn't make much sense to spend money on renovations only to close a couple months later.
The bathroom tiles look good but they could get a maintenance guy in and fix the broken urinal and flooded toilet if Eros is closed temporarily. Maybe a few new sofas as well or would that detract from the style of the place?
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

The Eros bar Facebook page reports that the bar will be open tonight.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Facebook page was correct although I did not go in.
Montree

Post by Montree »

There’s something about a visit to Eros that I often enjoy at the time but then don’t feel that proud of myself with hindsight. But if it’s there and open again I dare say I’ll pop in occasionally just to check out the cushions.
Maple

Re: Eros bar has reopened in Sunee Plaza

Post by Maple »

Eros Bar reopened tonight, January 11, 2018 after receiving their new business license. Many dancers returned to work and many customers. The bar was busy until closing time at 1 a.m.
a447

Post by a447 »

Montree wrote:....I dare say I’ll pop in occasionally just to check out the cushions.
Just make sure your arse doesn't stick to the sofa!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Some of you may have noticed that for the past couple nights Eros has been closed and the doors chained and padlocked.

The unconfirmed story I'm getting is despite getting the new license, there were complications. Eros will reopen as soon as it gets cleared up.

It's always something !!