Eros bar - Sunee Plaza - update

Anything and everything about Thailand
windwalker

Re: Eros bar - Sunee Plaza - update

Post by windwalker »

Nothing has changed in Eros except new music.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

windwalker wrote:. The boyz were doing their best to take care of the customers.
If you meant that literally the place should be jammed -- even with no plumbing at all.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Geezer, the boyz were doing their best, but the competition in other bars was far too great.

I doubt that Eros will survive.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Imho this bar has really gone downhill the last six months or so. Not only the facilities with no running water, mainly the bad management. Most times I just peak inside and see 3-4 boys sleeping in the sofas not bothering to get up when customers arrive, so I leave. The few times I sit down for a drink if i see some attractive boy who greets me, i see the same scenario repeats with 4 out of 5 potential customers who arrive - they come in and have a look, no response from boys and waiters, and they leave.
Many times when i decide to have a drink the spirit of my choice "finished, no have" so i leave for that reason. A bar who can not provide customers with alcohol... and it is one minute to 7-Eleven but they do not want to walk to refill their stock.
I like the bar and the boys though so dont get me wrong, but i understand very clearly why if they would have to close because of lack of customers.
Jun

Post by Jun »

It would be sad to see this place close.
There are very few places in the world where it's possible to walk in & have a slim cutie bouncing up and down on your lap, completely naked within 5 minutes.
Not only that, but 2 drinks & an off came to something around 500 baht (I cannot remember precisely).

However, if they cannot handle simple maintenance & stock drinks that have a long shelf life, clearly the end is near.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Didn't the owner have it up for sale? I assume it never sold.
Has he disappeared from the scene?
If so,that may explain the attitude and lack of drinks...

What happened to the “refurbishment”, or are we seeing the final death throes as I suspected before?
neddy3

Post by neddy3 »

Death throes is probably a good description of where this bar is at.
But I would be pleased to be proven wrong.

Supposedly it has been for sale for ages. Asking price too high?

The owner lives overseas, I believe, and returns periodically.
The bar is run by the on-site manager; not that well, it seems.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I have been saying the same thing for years - if a bar wants customers, it has to do what it takes to attract them. Poor management, a nowhere-to-be-seen owner, excessively loud music, and plumbing that won't work is not my idea of what it takes to attract customers.

I would hate to see Eros become only history and have to see Sunee Plaza lose yet another go-go bar, but if that does indeed happen, the management has only itself to blame.

It wasn't all that long ago that if a bar closed or a boy wasn't making enough money, all he had to do was move on to another bar. Unfortunately, now there aren't many bars left for the boys to move to.
a447

Post by a447 »

Eros has been a part of my life for years. and for many years of those years I have been prepared to put up with the shortfalls - the music (which can, at times, be too loud), the filthy toilet, the unwashed / sofas and cushions, etc. I'm not a drinker so I don't care about what is and isn't available.

The only attraction there has been the guys.

But if they are now ignoring customers, there is big trouble ahead. I hope they lift their game.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

a447 wrote:I hope they lift their game.
I hope so too - before it is too late.

I'm a little more optimistic about the future of Eros than some others, but the bar has to do its share too, to keep customers coming, especially since high season is now just around the corner.

I don't understand why the plumbing problems are being ignored. Unless seriously major work is required, plumbing in Pattaya is not a big expense at all. As a matter of fact, it is surprisingly cheap. But like any other problem, the time to fix it is when it starts. It's foolish to wait around until a small, minor problem later becomes a serious and expensive problem - and even then ignore it.

Perhaps the most attractive aspect of Eros is the sleaze factor. But they need to understand there is a big difference between sleaze and filth.