NOW will the USA do something about gun control?

Gaybutton

NOW will the USA do something about gun control?

Post by Gaybutton »

My guess is no.

So far the death toll in Las Vegas is 58 and hundreds wounded. And it won't matter. The nuts will still be able to obtain all the guns and ammunition they want. I doubt it will be long before the next set of mass shooting headlines appear.

It's gotten to a point when things like this happen it doesn't even come as very much of a surprise and shock anymore. It's virtually routine.

My only surprise is when more than a couple weeks go by without yet another senseless shooting incident. I don't end up surprised very often.

Who's next? Who is alive and well today, but will soon go to a shopping mall, a concert, a school, a movie, a sports event - and won't come out alive?
fountainhall

Re: NOW will the USA do something about gun control?

Post by fountainhall »

They did nothing after the massacre of innocent children at Sandyhook and nothing after almost 50 gay men were massacred in Orlando. They'll all make the right noises about the need for greater control, protection or whatever - and absolutely nothing will be achieved except that sales of weapons will increase! It's madness!
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

This is just one more reason why I am happy not to be living in the US.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

After the Vegas massacre, my boyfriend said to me, "Thailand no have problem with guns. Just bombs."
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

fountainhall wrote:They did nothing after the massacre of innocent children at Sandyhook and nothing after almost 50 gay men were massacred in Orlando.
And they will still do nothing. Everybody knows exactly what to expect. There will be all kinds of condemnation about what happened, but Congress won't do anything that makes any sense because they are afraid of getting on the wrong side of the NRA - National Rifle Association - one of the most powerful, if not the most powerful - lobby in the USA.

The NRA will come up with their usual set of inane slogans, such as "Guns don't kill people. People kill people." Fine. If people kill people, let them do it without guns.

I believe we all know sooner or later there will be another incident. And then one after that and one after that. As it stands, all anyone in the USA can do is hope when they set foot out their door, they'll still be alive to come home again. What a way to live (or die). I'm with lvdkeyes - I'm glad I live half a world away from that lunacy.
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

Truth is, an incident like this often results in a rise in gun sales. There appears to be no appetite for gun control in the US and certainly under Trump gun ownership rules will not change in any way for the good.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

There was a federal ban on assault weapons from 1994 - 2004 when the Democrats were in control. Of course, the political climate changed under the Republicans and now we have carnage on the streets and schools of America. Get a load of this, "open carry" is now permitted on many university campuses in the South. There are still progressive states like California and New York that ban assault weapons but we are now federally speaking, asking a Republican president and Congress to act and save American lives, sorry but don't hold your breath.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Most likely, in the USA any medical training - doctors, nurses, paramedics - the number one priority required course is treatment of gunshot wounds.