Where's the Protein?

Anything and everything about Thailand
fountainhall

Re: Where's the Protein?

Post by fountainhall »

Jun wrote:since iron is mentioned, I also didn't see any iron tablets in Thailand in Boots, Watsons or some of the other shops. Here in the UK, they are available in all the large supermarkets & pharmacies.
I have also noticed this. For years I have bought the Centrum nutritional supplement pills in Hong Kong rather than Bangkok because the iron content of those sold here is about a quarter of those purchased in Hong Kong. On my last HK visit a couple of weeks ago,though, I noticed that Centrum has now reduced the iron content of those supplements by two thirds to 9 mgs. Also for the tablets aimed at the over-50s, the content is now 3.6 mgs.

The pharmacist claimed that 27 kgs had been found to create some intestinal or similar problems in Chinese. Hence the reduction. Go figure!
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Fuck protien.....still nothing about stool softners :!:
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

Undaunted wrote:Fuck protien.....still nothing about stool softners :!:
Try re-reading some of my posts and that should take care of it for you.

Failing that, eat more of these:

Montree

Post by Montree »

I am also a vegetarian and although I don’t use supplements I am careful to ensure a healthy diet. One thing I can’t seem to find in Pattaya is a decent source of plain nuts. By “plain” I mean not covered in salt or honey or anything else or not roasted till they are almost charcoal.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Montree wrote:One thing I can’t seem to find in Pattaya is a decent source of plain nuts.
Have you tried Makro? Very good selection of plain, uncooked nuts there.
Montree

Post by Montree »

Gaybutton wrote:Have you tried Makro? Very good selection of plain, uncooked nuts there.
Thanks. Sound's like what I'm after.