Where did Boys Not Wear Swimming Trunks in 1952?

aussie

Re: Where did Boys Not Wear Swimming Trunks in 1952?

Post by aussie »

fountainhall wrote: But I also take exception to topless women showing their tits. If tits can be freed to waggle around, why not dicks?
Some of the larger farangs i see at Jomtiem parading in tiny swimwear have bigger tits than most ladies and i definitely don't want to see their dicks flopping around in the breeze :lol: The three twinks i saw returning from their afternoon swim can show whatever they like :D
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

fountainhall wrote:I also take exception to topless women showing their tits.
If they're topless, showing their tits might be a little difficult to avoid. . .
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

aussie wrote:The three twinks i saw returning from their afternoon swim can show whatever they like :D
I suppose there would have to be a scale rather like those at airport gates to ensure your carry on bag is not above a certain size. That and some form of age limit. If this was to be enacted on a certain part of the beach, I'm sure the beach chair vendor would do a roaring trade even at a premium. Probably better than most bars!
Jun

Post by Jun »

I would argue that topless women is not equivalent to naked males on the arbitrary scale of what society accepts.

However, that would be going off topic & young men swimming naked is a much better topic to think about.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Jun wrote:I would argue that topless women is not equivalent to naked males on the arbitrary scale of what society accepts.
I see your point (!) but most straight guys find female breasts a big turn on. So why should they have all the fun?
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

Dodger wrote:There's a set of beautiful waterfalls up in Si Saket Province near Khantaralak (on Thai /Cambodian border) where the boys swim nude almost exclusively.
That sounds interesting, although difficult to believe given how shy Thai boys become when they grow up. Do you have a name of the waterfall, or sub-district it is in?

I was shy during my youth, only when I went to army I was confronted with naked group showering, which was quite a shock (double: gay and shy, but as I'm not into Whites gay was not a problem): I entered the bathroom and everyone was nude in the shower, everything else than undressing and showering would have drawn unwanted attention, so I joined. Quickly I lost my shyness completely, and now make fun of Thais who change under a towel in gay saunas or cover their private parts with hands on nude days or in nude areas.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

GWMinUS wrote:I definitely enjoyed it!! Too bad I was only 11 years old...
Why do I have a feeling the teacher probably enjoyed it more than anyone else . . . ?
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

There was no nude swimming for boys back in my high school in the 50s. Of course there was no pool either.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

No nude swimming in my school pool either - and it did have a pool! Earlier in the thread a poster speculated what might happen re nudity in 50 years time. I guess none of us here is likely to be around to know. But I’ll speculate that as extremist views are becoming generally more adopted around the globe, the world is in for another dose of Victorian prudery. Do what you will behind closed doors (unless your country/province has adopted Shariah law as in Aceh in Indonesia in which case even behind closed doors you have no guarantee of safety), but adopt society’s norms in public. Sad to think that in Asia those boys and young men in Bali who had no qualms about disrobing and bathing in public after work 35 years ago will be infected with western prudery - if, that is, they are not already.

We know that the primary objective of colonialism was trade and profit. We know too that following in a heartbeat were the missionaries determined to root out all local customs and convert the “natives” to Christ - “their” idea of Christ’s teaching! And today in the era of Macdonalds and Facebook, the West continues to inflict its norms! Nudity aside, we continue slowly destroying differing cultures and call it progress!
Jun

Post by Jun »

I suspect you are right about reductions in liberty & accepting humans in their natural state of undress. Certain religions have an intolerance of other peoples views & there is a marked reluctance to speak out about their influence on our society.
There are also examples of supposedly liberal western European countries passing legislation on matters which should be decided by the individual -banning prostitution for example.
As for nude bathing in schools, well legislation is now at the level where a 16 year old playing for a professional football team had to change away from the adults in the team, to comply with legislation. No common sense.

[Apparently there is about a 10% chance of me being around in 50 years time.]