Jomtien Complex Revisited

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Jomtien Complex Revisited

Post by Undaunted »

About 2 months ago I met a friend for dinner at Yupins. My friend has a preference for fem boys and often goes to 4T bar. As this is certainly not my preference I left him and proceeded to walk down the soi in the direction of the Venue it was like walking through a guantlet of fem boys grabbing your arm with that hideous voice saying in that nasal tone "Welcoooome". I understand that many falang enjoy these "boys" but please don't go with the idea that you will have no problem meeting non swishy boys..If you are lucky and the police haven't taken the Cambodian non fem guys or 2 non fem boys at Sunbar. I have in the last 2 weeks ventured to the complex 2 times and nothing has changed I won't be running back to confirm what I already know. I will stress that if you have a preference for fem "boys" you will think you are in heaven.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Up2u

Re: Jomtien Complex Revisited

Post by Up2u »

I disagree and find the diversity and selection of boys within the complex the same as Sunee(Ting Tong) or BT(Serene) drinking bars. Out of curiosity which bars do you frequent that meet your standards of masculinity.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Up2u wrote:which bars do you frequent that meet your standards of masculinity.
For some strange reason, I get the feeling that according to Undaunted, any boy who fails to resemble Hercules is a fem boy.

I'm curious as to the answer to your question too - so I know which bar(s) to avoid. The macho man muscle boys are definitely not my type at all.
a447

Post by a447 »

I can't stand fem boys!

But my regular Pattaya guy and his brother used to work at a bar in Jomtien and they certainly aren't fem. The other boys in that bar were also mainly my type. Not the muscular guys you see in Tawan, but just very manly.

If I want to have sex with someone feminine, I'll go to Walking Street. (No chance of that ever happening!)

To each his own.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

a447 wrote:my regular Pattaya guy and his brother used to work at a bar in Jomtien and they certainly aren't fem.
I mirror your sentiments, your guy and his brother must have realized they were out of their element :!:
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

Perhaps a447 would provide us with a definition of "fem" boys? does he mean gay? or those with slim bodies? or is he referring to what may be termed "camp"?
a447

Post by a447 »

"Fem" to me is a boy who:

wears make-up, screeches, poses, is camp, has feminine features - any one of those is anathema. I have no desire to have sex with them. When I'm in a gogo bar and they start blowing kisses at me, I'm outta there.

But that doesn't mean I don't like chatting to them. Some of the nicest guys I've met have been fem. But the moment they start suggesting we go further, that's exactly what I do - as far away as possible.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

I have spent endless time in BKK and many trips to Chiang Mai and it is common to see gay guys that only look gay because they are obviously a couple, soi 4 in BKK nightly is full off manly Thai guys.....This is certainly not so in Pattaya as for some reason unknown to me gay Thai guys act and dress in a "gay way" perhaps the reason is Pattaya is a place the are at ease to strut their stuff and obviously there are those that fancy them and those that don't.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Undaunted wrote:
I will stress that if you have a preference for fem "boys" you will think you are in heaven.
Thanks, after being absorbed with news about the hurricanes slamming the U.S. shores, Kim launching more missiles and the weakening dollar against the Thai baht I needed some positive news.

Things must have changed drastically since my last visit to Jomtien Complex last June because of the 200 boys I saw working the scene over 90% appeared to be the str8 boy-next-door types. There some cute guys in the mix and a few that appeared camp or fem but the vast majority just appeared to be very average looking guys.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

I guess one eye sees what the other cannot :lol: