Fancy watching a Broadway Show Nude?

fountainhall

Fancy watching a Broadway Show Nude?

Post by fountainhall »

This year celebrates the 50th anniversary of the American premiere of the iconic rock musical "Hair". You know the one - best known both for its captivating songs like "This is the Dawning of the Age of Aquarius", "Sodomy", Kama Sutra", "Good morning Starshine" and "Let the Sunshine In" as well as the short section near the end where the cast are all enveloped by a huge sheet before appearing totally nude in dim lighting. Cooinciding with the height of the anti-Vietnam War protests, it was seen by many as a protest against both the war and the restrictive conventions of the age, particularly those relating to sexual freedom and the mind-expaniding drug culture. I was captivated by the original London production and caught a second performance when it toured the UK. It's UK premiere had to wait until the abolition of theatre censorship in 1968. It ran in London's West End for 5 years. The subsequent movie, as so often happens, was a travesty of the stage show.

In many ways, "Hair" changed musical theatre. Now it is about to do so again. A new revival in London will be staged between October 4 and January 14. The producers have designated the performance on November 11 as "clothing optional". If you wish to turn up nude, that will be fine! (I hope they thoroughly clear the seating both before and after, though!)

https://www.thestage.co.uk/news/2017/au ... rformance/

thewayhelooks

Re: Fancy watching a Broadway Show Nude?

Post by thewayhelooks »

A bit chilly in London in November I would have thought. Perhaps they could use leg warmers?