Forget Netflix, there's a new Asian streaming service that's 100% LGBTI

Anything and everything about Thailand
Rainwalker

Forget Netflix, there's a new Asian streaming service that's 100% LGBTI

Post by Rainwalker »

GagaOOLala is Asia’s first streaming service created entirely for the LGBTI community.

The service currently has 350 titles and will be to available to subscribers in Southeast Asia. The countries which will have access to the service are; Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.

The organizers of the Taiwan International Queer Film Festival launched GagaOOLala earlier this and have collated content from around the world.

GagaOOLala has already produced original content in collaboration with other brands. One of the series, Out People, stands out by placing focus on reality and exploring the lives of different queer personalities in Asia, from artists to politicians.

Some of the international content on GagaOOLala includes films such as Carol and Paris 5:59. The British Queer as Folk will also screen on the service.

Every month, the titles will be curated into topics that vary from the timely relevant. Such as, marriage equality to the the most camp and fun – ‘queer midnight screaming’. The aim of curating content is to steadily encourage the viewers to discover new content.

The service will cost USD$6.99 monthly to people living in the 11 countries in Southeast Asia.

More: https://www.gaystarnews.com/article/for ... 100-lgbti/
fountainhall

Re: Forget Netflix, there's a new Asian streaming service that's 100% LGBTI

Post by fountainhall »

I'll place a bet that the service will not last more than a few days in Brunei, Malaysia and Indonesia.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

fountainhall wrote:I'll place a bet that the service will not last more than a few days in . . .
I'm wondering if it will last in Thailand. That sounds like just the kind of site that gets blocked here. Maybe it's VPN time . . .
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

I tried using a VPN with Netflix, shortly after it had just become available in Thailand legitimately. I paid the 350 baht for their very limited content and I got an error message warning me their service would not work with a VPN, when all I wanted was USA content. On a desktop maybe possible, but I was using an AppleTv. So I canceled.

Not sure how this would work with other services. I assume you have to subscribe and pay the monthly fee. Not sure what the advantage would be with using a VPN, unless it is blocked.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thaiworthy wrote:Not sure what the advantage would be with using a VPN, unless it is blocked.
That would be one good reason why to use a VPN. Also, some people don't want it so easy for anyone else to be sure where they are accessing from.

There are plenty of free VPNs out there.