What's your favorite breakfast place in Jomtien?

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
bao-bao

What's your favorite breakfast place in Jomtien?

Post by bao-bao »

I'd been enjoying the replies to this question when I asked it on Gay Thailand, and then I realized there was the Exchange here I'd forgotten about! Pardon the copy/paste, and I look forward to hearing about places you enjoy. I'm hoping to visit before the end of the year.

As I said on the other board - in past trips I've sometimes gotten onto a baht bus and taken the ride down to the Jomtien area for breakfast, even if I'm not staying there. The morning walk along the beach used to be a nice one, although it looks like it's going to be a mess for a while.

Tui's and the now-closed Bondi used to be spots I liked to sit, have coffee and breakfast, read the paper and people watch. The Poseidon used to have a nice breakfast, too, but I haven't been there in a long while. Tui's is, I suppose still a going concern.

Where do you go for breakfast in the Jomtien area, and why? Specific locations help - especially if it's a few blocks away from the basic area - and if you have an idea of prices, add those for us, too, please.

Thanks, guys.
2lz2p

Re: What's your favorite breakfast place in Jomtien?

Post by 2lz2p »

The Sandbar on Dongtan Beach - opposite the end of the car park. Reasonably priced with several choices - but you serve yourself for juice & coffee - keep doing refills, no problem. Their American breakfast comes with a pancake.

My favorite place for breakfast, however, is Laong's Bistro - on Jomtien 2nd road not too far from the Bun Kanchana Road intersection - American Pancake Breakfast is my favorite - next is the Rustic Omelet (I usually put tobasco on my eggs/omelets, but do not for this omelet as I don't want to spoil the flavor). I also recommend the Caramel Cappucino which is served in a large cup - well worth the 70 baht (or +40 if your breakfast order includes regular coffee).
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Basted on really good reviews I tried 'The Sandbar' a few time and I guess I have to be the odd man out here but I did not care for it. I have not been to 'Laong's Bistro' yet but have to give it a shot, sounds really good. Thanks for the tip.

In Jomtien I really like 'The Continental Bakery' for breakfast. There's several different combination options or you can pick and choose what items you like. The sausages are really good as is the Scottish potato scone. I like their brown bread and always take a loaf back to Bangkok.

My second Jomtien breakfast place is 'The Pig and Whistle'. There's three English breakfast options, full, special and light. You can also add or omit items and they seem to get it right. There's a second Pig and Whistle up on Beach road 7 but the newer one in Jomtien is exactly the same. They do the English thing of frying the bread and placing fried eyes on top. Put some HP sauce on top and a dash of tobacco and Bob's your uncle.
bao-bao

Post by bao-bao »

Good ideas - thank you!
travelerjim

Post by travelerjim »

Continental Bakery Cafe on Thrappraya Rd is my favourite in Jomtien.

I like the Swiss Breakfast... Two eggs with bacon and hash browns , toast & coffee. 159 Thai baht. I ask for the Large coffee in a Mug... Added 15 Thai baht.

Tj
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

I stopped goint to Continental years ago. I think their food is not very good at all. I prefer Laong or Back Fabrique or O'Garas.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

After reading the posts about the Eggs Benedict at Laong's Bistro, this morning RichLB and I stopped in to try it. I didn't even know Laong's serves breakfast until these posts. We both definitely enjoyed the Eggs Benedict at Laong's.

We also thought the price is quite reasonable. I didn't have coffee with mine, but RichLB did. His total bill was 310 baht.
travelerjim

Post by travelerjim »

Sunday morning breakfast at Continental Bakery ... On my way to the beach today :-)

Always a good breakfast... I especially like the Swiss Breakfast at 159 Thai baht + 15 extra for large mug of coffee. 174 total US $5

BTW I am using Picturetrail to post pics on the forum.
Super easy. Thank you for your helpful assist in finding a new way of posting pics vs the old way using photobucket.

Tj