Why do Thai Boys Want to Look gay?

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Re: Why do Thai Boys Want to Look gay?

Post by Undaunted »

Oliver wrote:I assumed from this that it was commercially expedient to act in that way when attracting punters.
Interesting observation. In Sunee Plaza of the past I have known boys that went home somewhere in Nakon Nowhere returned looking quite straight and after spending a short time back in a bar with their camp friends became camp as well.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

thaiworthy I agree that the prevalence of gay acting and or looking boys is common to Pattaya and not common to BKK. B.T.W. how is your your new found interest in the apps. affecting your 18yr relationship?
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

Undaunted wrote:B.T.W. how is your your new found interest in the apps. affecting your 18yr relationship?
I'm not telling. But you and I share the same kind of guy, masculine, facial hair and baseball caps. You got me started.

It's all your fault.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Gaybutton wrote:The part I don't understand on the apps are the photos many choose to use.
Totally agree. Seems too few Thai guys realize that their photos are a marketing tool. If they are not geared to attracting potential hook ups, they will end up pretty lonely. But then one man's meat etc. . .
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

My boyfriend explained to me- and he should know- that those horrid photos are from their social media accounts. He thinks they are amusing. I don't. I notice when we're on holiday (outside Pattaya I mean) that Asian youngsters often adopt these silly poses for LINE etc....and i assume that the photos are downloaded onto hornet just to fill-up their pages.
What I want is a nice, cute smile...and more than a couple of photos. Another of P's tips is never to arrange a meeting with anyone who has less than three or so different photos. That's a sound advice.
Montree

Post by Montree »

A few years ago, before we went out for the evening, my Thai boyfriend and I would perform the same ritual. He would try on a succession of long sleeved shirts, short sleeved shirts, T-shirts with graphics and plain T-shirts. These were matched with jeans or shorts and every time he’d come up with a new combination he’d perform a pirouette and ask the same question “too gay?”.

He was happy to be identified as “Gay” but not “too Gay”.