Eggs Benedict Amongst the Ruins

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Undaunted

Eggs Benedict Amongst the Ruins

Post by Undaunted »

My army boy from Rayong who I am quite fond of in a realistic way spent the evening and this morning we went to see what had happened to Dongtan beach....It looked as if a disaster had happened. We sat in the Sandbar restaurant and I had excellent Eggs Benedict with the view totally obstructed by huge concrete drainage pipes...I am not a beach person but I do feel sorry for those who are.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Re: Eggs Benedict Amongst the Ruins

Post by Gaybutton »

I've never tried Eggs Benedict at Sandbar, but RichLB and I often have the Eggs Benedict at Rich Man-Poor Man. I'm glad to know there are other nearby places to enjoy Eggs Benedict.

http://richmanpoorman.net
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

I've only tried the eggs benedict once at Sandbar. The problem I had was that the slice of ham had been chilled and that made the benedict sauce cold also when topping the eggs. My vote is still for Rich Man Poor Man's.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

RichLB wrote:I've only tried the eggs benedict once at Sandbar. The problem I had was that the slice of ham had been chilled and that made the benedict sauce cold also when topping the eggs. My vote is still for Rich Man Poor Man's.
I don't know about you RichLB as per a post you made about the former "Pastrami on rye" you are affectionately known as soggy buns :!:
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

The Hollandaise sauce at Rich Man Poor Man is crap. They make it from Knorr mix. It doesn't taste like proper Hollandaise sauce. If you want good eggs Benedict I suggest you try Laong. They make real Hollandaise sauce and they use English muffins.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

lvdkeyes wrote:The Hollandaise sauce at Rich Man Poor Man is crap. They make it from Knorr mix. It doesn't taste like proper Hollandaise sauce. If you want good eggs Benedict I suggest you try Laong. They make real Hollandaise sauce and they use English muffins.
Agree, Laong Bistro as good as Sandbar but not better...I.M.H.O.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:If you want good eggs Benedict I suggest you try Laong.
I'll have to give it a try.
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

lvdkeyes wrote:"The Hollandaise sauce at Rich Man Poor Man is crap. They make it from Knorr mix ... "

Nice to know there are some dudes here who don't mince their 'crap'. :shock:
The little green Knoxx packets were hugely popular in the 60's when I worked part time midnight shift stocking them at the local Safeway. Then I went to school, real tired. Then I flunked.
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

a447

Post by a447 »

When on holidays in Thailand I don't bother with breakfast, but I'll definitely make an exception for eggs Benedict. So next time I'm in Pattaya I'll look out for Laong.

The best eggs Benedict I've ever had were at the Arthur and Paul Hotel in Phnom Pehn.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

a447 wrote:When on holidays in Thailand I don't bother with breakfast, but I'll definitely make an exception for eggs Benedict. So next time I'm in Pattaya I'll look out for Laong.

The best eggs Benedict I've ever had were at the Arthur and Paul Hotel in Phnom Pehn.
Laong's serves their breakfast till 1300 (1pm).