Not all Asian Boys are the Same

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
Undaunted

Not all Asian Boys are the Same

Post by Undaunted »

The bars and go go bars in BKK that long ago were the sole domain of Thais now have a large percent of Vietnamese and Burmese while Pattaya especially Jomtien Complex is inundated with Cambodians but I do see a difference with the exception of Lao boys which appear the same to me as Thais. The apps at least in Pattaya are seldom frequented by anyone other than Thais and of course us.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Re: Not all Asian Boys are the Same

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:The apps at least in Pattaya are seldom frequented by anyone other than Thais and of course us.
I've met several boys who turned out to be Cambodian and Laotian on the Pattaya apps, with Malaysia coming in third.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

I currently am only using Hornet as it appears to have the largest selection and I've only encountered Thais, I have given up on Gay Romeo and tried Blued to no avail.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

I think the only thing that hornet is lacking is the ability to give a coupon!
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

I have had considerable success with Hornet as well.
travelerjim

Post by travelerjim »

Upcountry in Nan and Phrae...
Jack'd seems to be most active...

From perusal of the site of course.
During Cafe Latte breaks.
Clearly it very popular with the Thais.

Though no experience with an invitation.

Tj
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

In Bangkok there are now quite a number of guys from neighbouring countries on Hornet and Jack'd. A few I have chatted with often seem to have jobs in massage parlours.

Blued has not so many Thais as far as I have noticed. Grindr is only so-so but it has a nice newish feature of a line across the top with "new faces".
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

GWMinUS wrote:Where does LINE fit in??
With the hook-up apps you can initially contact the boy of interest by sending him a message.

With apps such as LINE, there is no way to chat unless you have his LINE name or telephone number and he accepts you as a friend or you accept his friend request.

Once you have established contact with him on LINE, you can send instant messages back and forth, photos, videos, and make free voice or video calls. You also can easily send your locations back and forth.

Other apps can do the same as LINE, such as Skype, but LINE seems to be the most popular from among the gay Thai boys.

What I do is first make contact with use of the hook-up apps. If the boy is interested in you, I then ask him if he has LINE. If he does, and is interested in you, usually less than a minute later you'll have each other on LINE and can start chatting and making arrangements to meet. BINGO!
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

Nearly every Thai boy I've met in almost every sort of venue will ask for your LINE id at some point. That way they can keep in touch, share photos, locations, selfies, etc. If you have chatted long enough on Hornet and you like each other, you can offer your LINE id to proceed further. I can see when they've read my messages and I can send funny stickers and vice versa. On LINE the easiest way to get connected with them is to share your QR code, or capture theirs. It is all built into the software.

There are some things to be aware of. If you delete a chat by accident (easy to do) there is NO way to get it back. Oh sure, you can save the chat, but it's a text file and the restore function recovers only that. You have save every photo, video, etc. in the KEEP (a storage area) as way to manage things. Stickers are absolutely irretrievable. Be careful how you swipe and the name who are swiping on lest you delete your favorite, as I did. What makes it especially difficult is when they use Thai script in their names with an array of cute icons that make it hard to identify one from another.

I don't "block" anyone anymore, either. I un-blocked a money-boy once and he immediately contacted me and gave me his phone number to call. When we spoke, he blamed me for every misfortune he had since the block and proceeded to tell me off. Now I just "hide" them.

I recently visited Pattaya for a few days this past weekend. As soon I crossed the Pattaya city limits, I had 15 hits on Hornet within a 6-hour time span. Mostly from guys on the femme side the way it looked to me. I asked a few what they were looking for.

All were money boys. Every. Single. One.

The favorite responses on LINE and Hornet are: yes, no and OK. Occasionally, you might get "?" But they will usually say "yes" when they really mean "no," because they think it's what you want to hear when they are confused about what you asked them. Short responses are also much easier to type.

Sometimes I have a little fun with them. They must think farang are gullible. They use corny lines to introduce themselves, such as in this instance:

One of them included a sexy photo of himself and said, "You remember me?" Obviously a tactic used with everyone he messages on Hornet. So I wrote the guy back:
"Yes, I remember you! You stole my wallet!"
"No, I no take. Maybe you lose. I am good boy!"
But that was enough. I typed "555."
He laughed, got the joke, but still wanted to meet up.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thaiworthy wrote:That way they can keep in touch, share photos, locations, selfies, etc.
And they can also try to hit up people for money, even when the holiday making farang returns to his home country. Holiday makers need to be prepared to deal with that.

When they try to hit me up, it depends on who it is, whether it's someone I know well enough to trust, and how much he's asking for. I almost never ask them why they want the money. I'll just get some sort of bullshit answer.

Now that we're at the end of the month and the beginning of next month, I'm getting loads of "I not have money for room" messages. Paying for their rooms is something I won't do - not for any of them. I won't pay attention to the "I not have money for eat" messages either.

"You don't look any leaner."
Sir Cedric Hardwicke (Sethi), 'The Ten Commandments'

Last week I got a "My grandfather died in Udon Thani, but I not have money for bus" message. I told him, sorry, but your bus fare will have to come from your family, not from me. He tried a few times more, insisting he can't go to his grandfather's funeral unless I help him. Guess what - I did not give him any money and two days ago I got a message from him - from Udon Thani. Maybe he walked to get there . . .