Boyztown and Sunee Plaza report

Anything and everything about Thailand
gerefan

Re: Boyztown and Sunee Plaza report

Post by gerefan »

I too happened to pass the end of Soi VC and was highly entertained to see some of our "friends" dashing back,when the cops were round the corner,and grabbing their big bikes back!!
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

Who is fed-up with this sinister obsession with Arabs:
Oliver
bobsaigon3

Post by bobsaigon3 »

Dear Oliver, no offense, but after all it is the Arabs who wreak havoc with their motorcycles in Pattaya, so in this instance one can hardly be blamed for a critical view of these young men. It's not an obsession, merely an observation.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Oliver wrote:Who is fed-up with this sinister obsession with Arabs:
Oliver
Not I. You see it as a "sinister obsession." That's your choice and your opinion - an opinion I don't share.

I suppose the police must also have the same sinister obsession. That would explain why they confiscated their motorbikes.

If you want to be fed-up with something, you might consider being fed-up with their behavior rather than us complaining about it. I, for one, am fed up with their behavior - both with the motorbikes and their behavior during Songkran.
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

I've already posted before of the Amazing Sunee Mystery- namely, that this misbehaviour is reserved for the times when particular posters are there to witness it, while my twenty years of visits, including last week, have yet to result in my observing it. "Sinister" is the kindest word I could find to describe what's going on here.
How can i be fed-up with the behaviour of these guys when, despite the time I've spent there for two decades, I have never seen it? My only knowledge of these happenings is second hand, and includes references to "the Arabs." And I remain fed-up with it , just as I object to terms like "the blacks". Perhaps having friends who are black and many who are Arabs makes me sensitive to such terms.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Oliver wrote:I have never seen it
Do you think that means it doesn't happen? Do you think those of us who are here when it does happen, which is far -very far - too often, are lying or exaggerating?

And in your two decades of traveling here you haven't seen it - that makes sense. You know why? Because it hasn't been going on that long. It started about 5 or 6 years ago as I recall. If you have neither seen nor experienced it, consider yourself lucky. Unfortunately, many of us have seen and experienced it.

I'm sorry you're fed-up with it, but from my vantage point you're fed-up with the wrong people to be fed-up with.
a447

Post by a447 »

Well, I've certainly seen it - Arab guys riding their motorcycles like madmen along Soi VC, putting pedestrians in danger. One of these days they are going to kill someone.

By then, it will be too late to be "fed up."
deanagam

Post by deanagam »

Is there a motorbike racing circuit in Pattaya?
I know there's one in Buriram, which the Thai authorities should seriously consider promoting to anyone crazy about racing big and noisy machines.
Alas, the sea is far from Buriram.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Oliver, the reason you didn't see them last week it was the final week of Ramadan.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
billyhouston

Post by billyhouston »

"There is none so blind as those who will not see."