Boyztown and Sunee Plaza report

Anything and everything about Thailand
neddy3

Re: Boyztown and Sunee Plaza report

Post by neddy3 »

It's nice to read some positive reports about Prisma.
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

Now that I've spent a pleasant thirty minutes in Prisma, I can confirm the above. Cute guys, playful and cheerful; a contemporary decor, horrid music (as usual) but not too loud.Perhaps I'm biased in that I've been in Thailand for three weeks and this was the first time I'd been in a go-go bar this trip but there's no doubt that the management has established something worthwhile for those of us who prefer twinks.

By the way, is there an explanation as to why just about every guy I see has a mustache, however wispy?

Leila was pleasant and not too demanding, though I was word-perfect in the "boys have no money for eat" spiel, having heard it before in Wild West, X Boys and no doubt elsewhere. I admire her courage. Her attempt to teach the dancers how to twerk was, alas! unsuccessful but I take my hat off to her; she almost...almost...persuaded a gaggle of Chinese girls to enter the bar. Her legendary gifts of persuasion weren't quite up to the task. But full marks for getting so close.

So congratulations to all concerned. Ill certainly take another look when I return .
neddy3

Post by neddy3 »

neddy3 wrote:It's nice to read some positive reports about Prisma.
I'm quoting myself, as Oliver has again made positive comments about Prisma.
Even about Leila! :o
What is the world coming to?

But I have her trained not to come near me, and intend to keep it that way.
Montree

Post by Montree »

Went to "Winner Boys" in Sunee Plaza last night for the first time. Nine boys and three customers. The boys were OK but nothing special. They were a happy bunch and seemed to be enjoying themselves. The music was not too loud. At 65 Baht my orange juice had to have been the cheapest drink I've ever had in a Go Go Bar.

Next door at Eros a pineapple juice was 100 Baht (they'd run out of orange juice)
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Oliver wrote:By the way, is there an explanation as to why just about every guy I see has a mustache, however wispy?
It's a fad. A long-term fad, but still a fad. I remember when it was unusual to see a boy with any kind of mustache at all. Somewhere along the line a few boys started growing mustaches. Then followed more boys. Then it escalated to what it is now. I wish they'd find a different fad. The razor manufacturers need to start a very persuasive ad campaign.

We have a whole topic about these damned mustaches. The topic was started in 2011. Now, 6 years later, it's still a problem - and no signs of improvement. Please do any further posting about mustaches and beards on that topic.

See: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3381
travelerjim

Post by travelerjim »

Saturday night I stopped by Sunee.
My first visit in many months.

The walk through the two streets of clubs was sad. I remember that it once was a busy host of clubs to delight.

Now many of the clubs and bars are a shadow of the past. A few businesses were open and had few customers....this on a Saturday night in Pattaya.

Montree commented on Eros and Winners. I visited both and agree that the drinks are reasonable price ....
I'm not an alcoholic drinker. But a soda water in Winner's was 65 Thai baht. In Eros 100 Thb.

Both clubs each had three customers with about 8 lads on stage and podiums. Customer light indeed... The music levels were OK for me. No smoking inside observed. Frisky fellas in Eros as usual.

The Double Shot Bar (old Corner Bar) looked beautiful with its billiard table, seating arranged nicely. But again few customers. Here is their Happy Hour Promos :Nice

I stopped by Oud's Place... With Oud, Jack and Ralph always fine hosts. Among the best in all of Pattaya.
Their sandwiches, Burger and fries are delicious too!

Oud will be having a big birthday party on July 5th...
It's his 24th....lol

I will return again soon.
I owe it to support their business efforts.
I have many fine memories of my evenings in Sunee spanning the past 18 years plus or minus.

Tj
aussie

Post by aussie »

I returned to Winner Bar on Tuesday night. The owner sent around some shots of Absinthe to enjoy with our other drinks while we watched the guys dancing and fooling around with each other on the stage to entertain the customers. It is nice to see a happy workplace and even nicer to see about 20 motorcyclists having their racing machines confiscated and loaded into trucks by the police at the corner of Soi VC and Second Road when i was heading over to Boyztown. It really made my night as they had been tearing up and down the soi earlier in the night as is their normal practice.

Last night at Cupidol go go in Boyztown we found 17 dancers in the bar at just after 10.00pm and the best selection of twinks that i have seen at any bar in Pattaya on this trip so far. It all depends on who turns up for work on any given night so it is best to check out the other bars as well with Prisma being a favourite. Toyboys needs some new talent with most of the guys sitting outside playing on their phones and looking bored.

The show at Cafe Royale starting at 11.00pm is worth a look and i really enjoyed the new Rihanna number they performed last night with the dancers bare chested and wearing jungle type attire, doing cartwheels and a couple of backflips on the stage. Very entertaining and this bar employs 20 or more dancers every night which must be good for the local scene. About midnight many of the guys from Prisma bar across the soi will sit outside and it is quite a good location at Cafe Royale to view them, the Toyboys outside of their bar and the ever increasing number of tourists walking past to look at the gays.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

aussie wrote:even nicer to see about 20 motorcyclists having their racing machines confiscated and loaded into trucks by the police
Were they these Middle Eastern "gentlemen" who apparently have no consideration whatsoever for others? If so, I'm glad the police were on hand to do something about them. I only wish I was there to see it.
aussie

Post by aussie »

Gaybutton wrote:Were they these Middle Eastern "gentlemen"
Yes, it was our "friends" from the Middle East. I should have taken some photos.
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

One plus I neglected to mention in my posts- note that I studiously and graciously avoid being drawn into yet another dispute about Arabs, not wishing to cause offence- was the impression that noise levels in the two open show bars in Boyztown are significantly reduced. Perhaps the collective will of the other bar-owners and hoteliers in the soi have at last persuaded those two bars that those of us prefer to be able to talk with our friends and partners?
As far as I could see and hear, there was plenty of volume for those that enjoy that sort of thing without impinging on the rights of the rest of us.
And-praise be!- no bloody street parties and karoake at 0400am!