Kaan Show Pattaya - anybody been - any good?

Anything and everything about Thailand
Montree

Kaan Show Pattaya - anybody been - any good?

Post by Montree »

Has anybody seen this?
http://kaanshow.com/th/
A Thai friend wants to go next week. I've refused to go to Alcaza and Tiffany for years now but this looks like something completely different.
bao-bao

Re: Kaan Show Pattaya - anybody been - any good?

Post by bao-bao »

The site makes it look and sound interesting, but when Chrome translated it, part of it read: "the 90-minute miracle that will make you forget all the shows you've ever seen". At my age, I'm forgetting things fast enough already. . .

I declined to register or log in to see details. Was there any mention of prices?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

bao-bao wrote:Was there any mention of prices?
I didn't check into that either, but considering the prices at the other such shows, I doubt it's going to be priced for the budget minded.

Montree wrote:A Thai friend wants to go next week.
That might be a little difficult. Unless something opened at a location I don't know about, their D'Luck theater is still under construction on Thepprasit Road, near the Colosseum theater. It appears to be very close to complete, but it doesn't appear to me to be ready to open within the next week or two. Of course I could be wrong, so I would advise checking into it.

Pattaya will have plenty of live performance shows: Alcazar, Tiffany's, Alankarn, Colosseum, Kaan - and even The Venue in Jomtien Complex.

Here's Kaan's promo video. If they pour the kind of money into the show that apparently they poured into their promo video, the show ought to be spectacular and probably worth seeing. Of course, expect plenty of Chinese tour buses to be there too.

Up2u

Post by Up2u »

The D'Luck, Kaan show, has been open for a week or two. A Thai friend saw it and thought it was super; this is not a transvestite show, but more like Cirque du Soleil. Expensive, 3000-4000, for best seats but they have introductory pricing.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Up2u wrote:The D'Luck, Kaan show, has been open for a week or two. A Thai friend saw it and thought it was super
I'm surprised it's already open, but I'm glad it is. However, I'm not prepared to fork out that much money to see a show a Thai friend thought was super. I'm far more inclined to go by the opinions of farang when it comes to shows like this.

Don't go by me, though, folks. I'm not much of a show fan in the first place. The last live performance show I saw - and really liked - was 'The Producers' - in Florida about 4 months before I even moved to Thailand.

I'll be very interested in what some of you folks think about this show, especially if you have seen some of the others. How do they compare to each other? If you had to pick just one "make sure you don't miss" show in Pattaya, which would it be?
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

bao-bao wrote:"the 90-minute miracle that will make you forget all the shows you've ever seen"
Not sure what the title means but it is extremely close to one of the Cirque du Soleil shows at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Ka. I have seen Cirque's Ka, O and Love in Las Vegas and they represent the finest and most stunning stage productions I have ever seen anywhere in the world, especially Ka. All had theatres especially built to house them. A former producer with Cirque, Franco Dragone, directed Le Reve at Wynn's in Las Vegas and also the The House of Dancing Water in Macau, two stunning shows but not quite up to the standard of the three Cirque shows. I cant believe the Pattaya show can come even remotely close to any of them.

Trailer for Cirque's Ka (that massive front stage really does rotate, elevate and move into a vertical position for an extraordinary fight scene)
aussie

Post by aussie »

Gaybutton wrote:Pattaya will have plenty of live performance shows: Alcazar, Tiffany's, Alankarn, Colosseum, Kaan - and even The Venue in Jomtien Complex.
Alangkarn is closed. I enjoyed the show, but maybe it was too far out of town with so many other venues closer to the city.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

aussie wrote:Alangkarn is closed. I enjoyed the show, but maybe it was too far out of town
Perhaps, but I doubt its location would have stopped the tour buses. And from what I see, it's the tour buses these shows depend on far more than individual locals.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Perhaps you can buy discount introductory tickets at the next Bangkok Travel Fair at BITEC June 29-July 01. I don't know for a fact that they will have a booth at BITEC but I would think that they would. Unfortunately, the only way to find out is to go there. I like the food court at BITEC.

It's on page 2 of the events page (Thai Teaw Thai) but only in Thai. Not marketed as usual for farangs. Often advertised only in Thai papers too. Still, you can go, they seem happy to take my money. You get what the Thais call the "Thai price".

How to get there: http://www.bitec.co.th/default-en.html It's a big place. BTS Bangna.

There's also a new Show Venue in Bangkok that I have not been to yet. https://www.showdc.co.th/
I'm waiting for someone to post something on this place. It sort of looks like the same type of show? https://www.showdc.co.th/What-Is-New/SHOW-DC-Himmapan
Montree

Post by Montree »

My Thai friend had a very confusing conversation with the Box Office today. It's probably not the Box Office's fault as my friend is very good at causing confusion. As far as I understand it the minimum price for a Farang is 1700 Baht with more expensive seats also available. We wanted to go tonight but it was fully booked. It's also not doing a full schedule of shows at the moment so the next date they could offer us was 8 June by which time my friend will have returned to Bangkok. So it will have to wait, perhaps until Christmas.