Taiwan report April - May 2017

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
fountainhall

Re: Taiwan report April - May 2017

Post by fountainhall »

aussie wrote:
a447 wrote:I Now i am five years older and there are a lot more younger foriegners visiting here to work or travel. The scene has changed and the twinks that i prefer to meet are mostly going for the younger foriegners . . .

You might get many messages on the apps or on some days none. Enjoy everything Taiwan has to offer and like me you might also occasionally get lucky and meet the guy of your dreams. Thailand is much easier to find sex but i like meeting the guys here and some of my best and loyal friends are Taiwanese.
I will be in Taipei for 10 days in just over a week. Since I am a year or two older than you, I do hope your comments about younger foreigners may just be a temporary blip. I'll report back.

I wholly agree with the attitude anyone should take on visiting Taiwan. Going purely as a sex tourist may well end in disappointment. Taiwan isn't Thailand and meeting Taiwanese in bars is more difficult if only because, as has been stated before Taiwan guys tend to go out in groups. Getting to know the boys interested in meeting up requires greater patience, some basic understanding of the culture and how most Taiwanese relate to foreigners. But in all my previous visits I have had little trouble in meeting many guys to spice up the pure tourism and meeting old friends elements. Hopefully the apps will continue to bring some nice guys to my hotel ;) A couple of gay romeo assignations are already booked! Indeed gay romeo is still an excellent source of friends and I recommend switching your location to Taipei at least a week before arriving.
aussie

Post by aussie »

I just arrived back to Taipei after 3 days in Kaohsiung. I have been to Kaohsiung three times before but this was my most successful visit there in regard to meeting some very nice local guys. Two on my first afternoon, a rest day in between for sightseeing and three yesterday at various times. Two were good looking but the other three were the perfect type that I like and nice guys to go with it. One guy I have met before and he wants to spend more time with me and maybe a couple of days at a nearby island together on my next trip to Taiwan. If that happens I may land at Kaohsiung airport instead of Taipei and do a tour of some of the regional cities instead of being based in Taipei. I am certainly finding that the guys in the countryside are very attractive and keen to meet a lonely foreigner :D There is a lot of luck with the timing as these guys are all working or at university so it can be hit or miss but on this visit to Kaohsiung I was in the right place at the right time. In all cases they messaged me first on the apps so it is nice to be the prey instead of the hunter. Of course it helps my cause that there are less Caucasian foreigners in these regional areas ;)

On my sightseeing day on Monday I caught the metro to Sizihwan Station where it is a short walk to the tunnel that leads to the Sun Yat Sen University. It was a holiday so not many students about at that time so no invites to their dormitory for tea or any other activities. It was quite hot so I walked back through the tunnel from the university and over to the ferry pier for the 5 minute ferry ride to Cijin Island. It was even hotter on the island so I just walked the short distance to look at the fort and the tunnel built by the Japanese during their colonisation of Taiwan. Strangely enough I was having trouble finding the tunnel and two very nice Japanese tourists showed me the way after I asked them for directions. There is a grey sand surf beach at Cijin Island but there was no surf and no one was too keen to go swimming. There are the usual tourist markets and many inexpensive restaurants so it is a nice enough place to spend a couple of hours or more. There is plenty to see in and around Kaohsiung and more enjoyable if you can find a local friend to take you around on their motorcycle to view the scenery by the harbour side or around the city.

At night my Taiwanese friend from nearby Tainan City visited and we checked out the Liouhe night market and then went for a walk at the Love River. My friend was keen to try the gondola ride and I can recommend it for viewing and listening to the young gondolier who sang three love songs during our cruise along the river.

The tunnel to the National Sun Yat Sen University

The ferry to Cijin island

There was no rush to swim there at the beach at Cijin Island.

Inside the Japanese built Cijin Tunnel

Some nice scenery when you exit the tunnel

The view from our gondala on the Love River

The Love River area – very pleasant on a cool night

Some photos from the apps in Kaohsiung

The Dome of Light at the Formosa Boulevard Metro station
aussie

Post by aussie »

My first day back in Taipei and i went from a hero in Kaohsiung where i was getting lots of messages on all the apps to zero messages from anyone suitable today in Taipei. I worked out that the area that i am staying in near the Zhongxiou Danhua MRT is a very up market and trendy area which may not be best suited for meeting new friends. Most younger guys cannot afford to live in this area with the high rents and probably it is far away from their work or university. I see some very hot twinks in suits and very fashionable clothes near my apartment but i don't see them on the apps. It was time to try something else to help find a suitable friend for some company in the evening and my plot succeeded very well.

When i was in Bangkok recently i saw a guy on Grindr who was 150 metres away from my hotel in Silom. We chatted and arranged to meet and he said that he was at Victory Monument and would catch the BTS train and get to me ASAP. I later found out that he was using the Fake GPS app to show himself as being in the Silom area in the hope of more easily finding a customer.

So tonight i thought i might use the same method to show myself in a different area on the apps and i set my GPS location to the other side of Taipei City. Sure enough the messages started to flow and within an hour i had a very attractive and slim 24yo guy chatting wth me on my sofa after a 30 miute ride for him on the metro. He had been to Australia on a working holiday and we chatted for nearly an hour before he jumped on my lap and the best part of my night's entertainment started. We hopefully will meet for dinner next week before i head back to Australia. If i was in Australia i would be dreaming about meeting a guy like him but when he left he was asking if i was happy with his looks and performance. It should be me asking those questions but i was happy to tell him that his interview was succesful and that we will meet again soon :D
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

I love that type of interview!
ก้นconnoisseur

Post by ก้นconnoisseur »

Great report, thanks aussie! Glad you had such a good time (on so many levels) in Kaohsiung. I had never heard of Cijin Island. I’ve not had much chance to explore Kaohsiung usually going there on business but your post inspires me (on so many levels) to return. Great photos too! Please keep us up to date on the rest of your trip. The weather has cooled and rain is in the forecast so may be a good time for “indoor activities”.
aussie

Post by aussie »

The hot guys are out on the weekends here in Taipei, usually with their girlfriends by their side but it is worth going for a walk just for the eye candy near the fashion stores and restaurants. I like to go to the Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall where on the weekends you will find many groups of teenagers dancing hip hop and other styles around the outside of the building. Some of the guys like to lift their shirts to wipe the sweat off their faces which has given me a look at many a well defined six pack over the years on my Sunday walks.

Inside the hall you can check out the handsome guards as they stand there like statues for nearly an hour before the changing of the guards.

The guy on the left took my eye a bit more than the guard :)

I went to Taipei 101 on Friday and found a guy looking very bored waiting in the long line at a447's favourite restaurant DIn Tai Fung. I certainly would have liked to help put a smile on his face before or after he had tried some of those famous dumplings ;)

I have had a couple of visitors to my love next over the weekend. One guy is an overseas university student and i have seen him the last four times that i have been to Taipei. Usually he just drops in, we have some fun and then he leaves. I have been thinking a bit more about him recently, one reason is his near perfect twink body and also with some of my other friends leaving Taiwan to study i would really like someone else to hang out with. I suggested that we go to lunch and he jumped at the opportunity and we had a wonderful time chatting and dining at a local cafe. Hopefully we can spend more time together when i next return to Taipei. I enjoy my visits to Taiwan and sex is great but having some friends to spend time with away from the bedroom is very important to me.

I was going to head out to the hot springs last night but it looked like it was going to rain so i will leave that adventure for fountainhall when he arrives on his next visit to Taipei. As i had no plans for the night I accepted the offer of a visit from a 21yo guy who messaged me on JackD. When he arrived he did not look quite as good as his photos but we still managed to have a pleasant enough time in my apartment on an otherwise quiet Saturday night in Taipei :D
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

aussie wrote:I was going to head out to the hot springs last night but it looked like it was going to rain so i will leave that adventure for fountainhall when he arrives on his next visit to Taipei.
I arrive at 3:00 pm on Friday and by 6:00 pm I'll certainly be at the hot springs ready for the regular Friday evening busy shift! :D
ก้นconnoisseur

Post by ก้นconnoisseur »

I admire you fountainhall if you can do the hot springs at this time of year. I can only stand it around January or February on real (for here) cold nights as the water temps are north of 40 degrees Celsius (in the hot pool, there are cold and mild pools). But the eye candy never fails to reward the trip up the mountain.

Thanks aussie for the continued great reports and photos! Where is CJ’s Café and was the food good (if not better than the company)? Was a good weekend to wander around Taipei, though pretty windy this afternoon.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

I'm happy at the hot springs except perhaps in the hottest and muggiest months of July and August. I've been quite busy recently and will have a heavy two days in Hong Kong before arriving in Taipei. When I slowly dip into a 42 degree pool, I find it's very therapeutic. Once the body gets used to the heat, it automatically relaxes, as though one is getting a complete body massage (without the HE!). I can't stay fully immersed much more than about 5 minutes, but I come out feeling really good - the more so when the eye candy can be as lovely as it so often is at the springs! Then I alternate between pools depending on where the cute guys are!! On a recent visit, I saw a group of 6 gorgeous guys chatting away, obviously friends. I entered the pool nearest the cutest one and waited. Eventually he turned slightly and - oops, my mistake! LOL - touched my leg. He turned to say sorry, and that enabled the start of a conversation. Turned out he was born and spent his first 12 years in Hong Kong before the family moved to Taipei. So I had a topic of conversation I could expand on. He was quite lovely - although nothing more than a chat was ever going to materialise. Loved it!
aussie

Post by aussie »

ก้นconnoisseur wrote:Where is CJ’s Café and was the food good (if not better than the company)?

The company was delightful and the food quite good. Paninis, pasta, salads etc. They do not have a service charge so the deal is that you return your plates to the counter after you finish the meal.