Winner Boys A GoGo Bar is coming to Sunee Plaza

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Winner Boys A GoGo Bar and Smoking

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:Is this by itself a reason to visit a go go?
It's a good reason not to avoid a go-go.
aussie

Re: Winner Boys A GoGo Bar is coming to Sunee Plaza

Post by aussie »

I visited Winner bar last night. Eight customers at 9.30pm. All of Sunee was very quiet at that time. I stayed for one drink at 85 baht for a bottle of Leo beer. As GB said previously one fem guy and the rest twinks or boy next door looks. Maybe ten dancers in attendance and most did actually dance and interact with the customers. There was three of the slim, defined type twink that i would off if i wanted. My visit last night was just to have a look before heading to the Venue show at Jomtiem. I like the environment of the bar with no pushy mamasans, no cigarette smoke and a reasonable music volume. I am still deaf from the carzy volume at the Morlum concert at X-Zyte the previous night which btw was a lot of fun and plenty of eye candy there. I will be returning again to Winner bar soon and interact more with the dancers myself next time.

In reference to Krazy Dragon my experience was to hang out with six very definitely twink looking guys from that bar at NAB and the Tum Nan Kon Esan on many ocassions back in around 2007/8. It was a lot of fun and those guys even shared some of the costs when we used to party. There was always a few average or more masculine types at Krazy Dragon. That soi was dark last night, they should turn on more lights to at least make it appear as if something is happening there.
a447

Post by a447 »

Undaunted wrote: Is this by itelf a reason to visit a go go?
It may well be. Just like some non -smokers leave when someone lights up.

If you are a non -smoker, sitting next one can be unbearable . First of all, it stinks. That smell gets into your hair and clothes and follows you around all night. The only way to get rid of it is to go back to your hotel, shower and change into new clothes. That's a lot to ask of someone.

I have been a smoker off and on. I never smoke in Australia or Japan but will sometimes take up the habit when I'm in Thailand.

Sitting in the smoking area of a gogo bar is a great place to meet the boys. And you don't even have to buy them a drink! Bonus! You get to chat for as long as the cigarette lasts. If you want to chat some more, offer him another one. He'll either smoke it then and there, or you can both come back later.

I've met just about all my guys from Adams Apple in Chiang Mai that way. All arrangements for a fun night were made in the smoking room.

So as smoker, it doesn't bother me. Even if I decide not to indulge while I'm in Thailand, I'm not bothered if someone lights up. I'm used to the smell.

We've been told the new owner is an experienced bar owner. I'm sure he knows what he's doing. If allowing smoking in the bar has an adverse effect on his bottom line, he'll insist smokers go outside.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Undaunted wrote:Is this by itself a reason to visit a go go?
Yes, for sure.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

a447 wrote:Sitting in the smoking area of a gogo bar is a great place to meet the boys. And you don't even have to buy them a drink! Bonus! You get to chat for as long as the cigarette lasts. If you want to chat some more, offer him another one. He'll either smoke it then and there, or you can both come back later.
Personally, I think my own modus operandi would be to simply take them outside to smoke in the designated area. And I would buy them a drink, besides.

But thank you for sharing your secrets. I’ve been doing it all wrong. I need to book a smoking room on my next visit to Pattaya. To think that all this time I thought the reason the lads couldn’t wait to get done and gone was because I’m such a lecherous, old man. All this time they were simply dying for a cigarette.

Or I really am a lecherous, old man. But now, I will be a lecherous, old man who has a pack of cigarettes and doesn’t smoke.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

For me if there was really something to see in go go even a Cuban cigar wouldn't stop me......not so the case with Winner, I also think before commenting on Winner you need to have been there.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:not so the case with Winner
Winner has potential of being an integral part of saving Sunee Plaza. Seems like you're always right there with the put-downs and trying to undermine every effort. You would do better to either become supportive or just drop out of the discussion.

Believe me, we've all managed to figure out the boys at Winner are not your type. Are there any bars at all in Pattaya where the boys are your type?
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Nice Boys.....for Sunee...if they had cheap drinks they would be jamned....even without they are usually busy these days, I am sure many view it as the Winner alternative.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

Yes, they should have cheap drinks for what possible reason? They have been around longer then any GoGo Bar in Sunee by far. Despite the fact that most nights you can get cancer just from walking in the place from the smoke. (unless something has changed).
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

firecat69 wrote:most nights you can get cancer just from walking in the place from the smoke. (unless something has changed).
No more smoking in Nice Boys...cigarettes that is.