Thai Gay Movie: Sweet Boy (2016)

Anything and everything about Thailand
thaiworthy

Re: Thai Gay Movie: Sweet Boy (2016)

Post by thaiworthy »

Tickets go on sale today at SF World Cinema, Central World 7th Floor, near Chit Lom BTS.

thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

Any indication whether it has English subtitles?
loke

Post by loke »

I doubt it , not many Thai movies have English subtitles.
Alex

Post by Alex »

That's not true, most Thai movies targeted for general release do have English subtitles. It's mostly those that are initially targeted for limited release and later "upgraded" due to a higher than expected interest that sometimes come without subtitles. Then there are cases of not all copies having subtitles, so from one chain to another (Major vs SF) - or sometimes even one theatre to another - it's worth checking if subtitles are available elsewhere. By and large, of all the Thai movies I've watched, only a few didn't have subtitles.

Yesterday you could get the "Sweet Boy" poster at Central World. Now, I'm a bit too old for that, but I did feel somewhat tempted to get one. ;)
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

You are never too old Alex. Perhaps this will become classic up there with The Iron Ladies, Beautiful Boxer, and Love of Siam. I've been waiting for the DVD of Red Wine in the Dark Night to be released with English subtitles but so far, no luck. The trailer of Sweetboy had subtitles so here's hoping. And that it screens in Pattaya.
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

Just done a quick check, by no means comprehensive. First up, the movie does NOT have English subtitles. It is not screening in Pattaya nor at Central World in Bangkok even if tickets can be bought there. It screens at the Paragon, Rama 9 and a couple of other cinemas in Bkk as well as in Chiang Mai, Korat and Udon Thani. So if you are a Thai speaker, or like looking at images of pretty boys or are prepared to travel, then enjoy. The rest of us can only dream of what might have been.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

GWMinUS wrote:But it does have English Subs...
thewayhelooks wrote:First up, the movie does NOT have English subtitles
Ok, which is it?
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Central Rama 9, 2100, with English sub titles.
http://booking.sfcinemacity.com/visSele ... &visLang=1

MRT stop Parama9 and there's a connected entrance to the mall. Probably not running for more than a week. You have to be over 15 to see this movie!
I can't make it to opening night but might have some time later in the week.
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

It certainly doesn't have English subs at Major cinemas, Paragon for example. Clearly states Thai only. So your guess is as good as mine.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thewayhelooks wrote:It certainly doesn't have English subs at Major cinemas, Paragon for example. Clearly states Thai only.
Since the preview has subtitles, probably it will be shown with subtitles somewhere. If anyone finds where it can be seen with subtitles, please post.