Thai Gay Movie: Sweet Boy (2016)

Anything and everything about Thailand
thewayhelooks

Re: Thai Gay Movie: Sweet Boy (2016)

Post by thewayhelooks »

You could say the same about the lives of the rich and infamous in those dreadful Thai TV soap operas. Do they represent real life? About as much as they do in western soaps. Or those offensive movies featuring grotesque ladyboys or other hideous 'gay' stereotypes, usually directed by Poj Anon. He of the awful remake of The Iron Ladies among others.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Much like Pattaya's sex industry, most Thai movies and TV are just a fantasy. You really want reality? Just like Hollywood, it's an industry and they sell what the majority of public is willing to buy. The closer the work is to art the less it makes.
maump

Post by maump »

eye candy is good, it helps me get thru the dialog, acting, and culture I do not understand. eye candy in movies like the water boy made for a good chuck wow fantasy.

I did notice the background scenery is ALMOST always upper middle class. Parents seem not to be involved..... (making it right the series....)
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

maump wrote:Parents seem not to be involved..... (making it right the series....)
Horton Fenty: "Mr. Rumson, I swore I wouldn't tell anyone. I hope that means except my mother and father."
Ben Rumson: "That means especially your mother and father."
Horton Fenty: "But I've never kept anything from them before."
Ben Rumson: "Well it's about time you started!! Because when you do - a whole new world opens up."

- Lee Marvin (Ben Rumson), Tom Ligon (Horton Fenty), 'Paint Your Wagon'
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

Trailer looks promising, please update when you have places and times.
Doug wrote:The last time I was at Pattaya Park water park there was not one Thai teen boy wearing a speedo. When was the last time you saw a Thai wearing a speedo except for the money boys on the beach....5 years ago...10 years ago?
I frequent public swimming pools in Bangkok and boys are usually in speedos or trunks. What were the boys you saw at Pattaya Park wearing? Swim shorts might be seen in water parks, but rarely in swimming pools (might even be prohibited in swimming pools).
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

christianpfc wrote:What were the boys you saw at Pattaya Park wearing?
I can tell you what they wear now. I go to Pattaya Park fairly often. It's the same as anywhere else. Some wear trunks and some wear Speedos. Mostly trunks,but once in awhile Speedos. Many more farang are in Speedos than Thai boys, though.
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

I'll wager that the farang in the Speedos are the ones (like me) who really shouldn't and should be in baggy shorts.
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

No point in farangs wearing speedos if they look down and can't see them any more.
loke

Post by loke »

windwalker wrote:I have also noticed in these type of Thai films that the families are Christian/Catholic. In another film, after the boy dies, he is buried, not cremated, in a Christian cemetery. Possibly the directors/producers don't wish to offend Buddhist values and therefore make these gay type of films with Christian characters?
Good point, maybe Thais watching movies like this look at it as not the real world , just like Thai soap operas on TV , they are pretending to be from rich hi-so families. Add Christianity to it and gay sex is ok . :roll:
maump

Post by maump »

Off Topic, but has anybody watched any of this ethnic rich gay themed show?