New Ramayana Water Park, Pattaya - opening Thursday, May 5

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

New Ramayana Water Park, Pattaya - opening Thursday, May 5

Post by Gaybutton »

The park is offering an opening promotion of 990 baht per person. The regular price is 1190 baht. No word on how long the promotion will be in effect.

Ramayana Water Park Opening This Thursday

3 May, 2016

In one of the most exciting events to happen in Pattaya, this Thursday 5th of April will see RamaYana Water Park open its gates.

Dave Durham of Pattaya One Media Group, taking time out at one of the VIP days said, it’s certainly refreshing to see news of a positive nature and a boost to Pattaya’s tourism and economy

Located near the big Buddha image of Khao Chi Chan and only 25 minutes from central Pattaya, RamaYana Water Park delivers a unique day to remember.

With lakes, islands and green hills in and around the park, 21 waterslides, dedicated kids’ zones, a record-big double wave pool, the lazy river with waves, caves and water features, jacuzzi and relaxation pools. There is something for every taste.

Built to the highest international standards, RamaYana will offer a day to remember in Pattaya.

More information to follow shortly but get ready to join the fun…

Story and photos: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/comm ... rettyPhoto
Alex

Re: New Ramayana Water Park, Pattaya - opening Thursday, May 5

Post by Alex »

I can only hope that they will have dual pricing, so that we will have something to bitch about.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Alex wrote:I can only hope that they will have dual pricing, so that we will have something to bitch about.
Sorry to disappoint you. Prices are the same for all.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I took two young gents to the water park. First time for them and first time for me. It's a lot of fun and something for everyone. Admission is 990 baht per person - no dual pricing. I thought the admission price was reasonable for this kind of theme park.

The staff is very friendly and plenty of staff everywhere. Every pool and water theme area has lifeguards. There is even an on-site infirmary. There is a locker area at the entrance.

There is plenty of umbrella-shaded seating around the various pools. There are also gazebo huts for rent. Sorry, I didn't check the prices to rent a hut.

If you like water slides, these are the newest innovations in, for lack of a better phrase, high tech slides. We had a lot of fun on the slides. Be prepared to climb a lot of steps, though. I was good for three different slides. By then I had enough of mountain climbing, so while the boys were off trying the rest of the slides, I was in their jacuzzi pool - perfect for me. There is actually a bar within the pool, so while the boys were busy on the slides, there I was having a drink while in the pool.

There are plenty of water activities besides the slides. There is a long "river" on which you sit on floats and laze your way through. There is a wave pool. There is a kiddie slide area.

There are also several restaurants, even an Italian restaurant - complete with a fine wine selection and a rooftop restaurant. I was pleasantly surprised by the food and drink prices. I expected rip-off prices, but that is not the case. For most food and drink items it won't cost any more than it costs to go to a Burger King. Different burgers and sandwiches are mostly 170 baht. Pizzas are about 220 baht. I can't comment on the food quality, though. It all looks good, but none of us ate anything while we were there.

Plenty of parking too. Whether you arrive by car or some other form of transportation, make sure to remember how to get back to the entrance/exit area. The park is huge. It's easy to get confused. Fortunately for me, the boys have a much better memory than I have.

As I said, the park is a lot of fun and I'm glad we went, but at nearly 1000 baht per person to enter I doubt that I'll be there very often. Pattaya Park, at 100 baht per person to enter, is good enough for me.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Great, thanks for posting this, you've certainly piqued my interest enough to check it out some time soon. :)

But wait, were you pleased with the eye candy?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Alex wrote:were you pleased with the eye candy?
I sure was.
Jogger

Post by Jogger »

Alex wrote:I can only hope that they will have dual pricing, so that we will have something to bitch about.
If you go to Hua Hin to one of the main water parks there, and you are 60 or over, farang or Thai, you can get a 1000 baht ticket reduced by 400 baht.
So that will give people something to celebrate rather than bitch about!
Alex

Post by Alex »

That's great, Jogger, just give me 20 years and I'll join celebrating with you. ;)