Deli-zza reopens - now called "Pastrami on Rye"

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Gaybutton

Re: Deli-zza reopens - now called "Pastrami on Rye"

Post by Gaybutton »

Trongpai wrote:Has 'Pastrami on Rye' put corned beef hash on the breakfast menu yet?
Not yet. I hope they do.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Trongpai wrote:Last week at Villa Market, Sukhumvit 11, Bangkok, I picked up some Hebrew Nationals. It's not a usual Villa Market item, there were not many and who knows if they will restock.........
That is big news to me! I would make a special trip to Bangkok if I knew they were available. Villa in Pattaya only stocks Oscar Mayer which I don't like.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Trongpai wrote:Last week at Villa Market, Sukhumvit 11, Bangkok, I picked up some Hebrew Nationals.
I called to them today and they said they don't have that brand and have never had it. Welcome to Thailand.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:they said they don't have that brand and have never had it.
The way things usually work around here, that's the first place I'd go to look for it, and it would come as no surprise to me if I find it there.

While this is off topic, I think you said at one time you have a recipe for making your own American style hot dogs. If that's right, I can't find the post. If you do have a good recipe, I'd sure appreciate a post. If sausage casings are required, I don't know where to get them.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

I have a recipe, but not sure how good they are since I have not tried it. If you want to be the guinea pig I will post the recipe. Frozen natural sausage casings are available at Makro.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:If you want to be the guinea pig I will post the recipe.
If it's not too complicated to make, I might give it a try. Also, maybe others will want to try too.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

I can recommend the Cuban sandwich. I took it home and added mayo(love my mayo). To date I have only found the Philly Cheesesteak to be somewhat disappointing (tough beef).
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

I tried their biscuits and gravy about 2 or 3 weeks ago and was disappointed. Biscuits were great but the gravy had no flavor and the sausage in it appeared to be chopped up English style sausage instead of patty sausage. I had also ordered a side of patty sausage and got two very thin sausages.

I went back this morning thinking I would try the Pancake breakfast with a side of their ham - a friend had spoken highly of their ham. One of the farang owners waited on me and as I was asking about their side order of ham, mentioned my preference for biscuits & gravy, but wasn't going to order because of my previous experience. He said that since my previous visit, they knew they had to do something so got his Dad to to make it for them using his own recipe and if I wanted to try again, after the first two bites, if I didn't like it, he would get me something else - no charge for B&G.

I'm glad he talked me into it -- a vast improvement - I also ordered a side of patty sausage and very pleased to note they got over their anemia. I will 2nd on the Cuban Sandwich - picked one up as take away about a week ago -- it was delicious.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

I had the ham steak and eggs breakfast....... very disappointing. Dry overcooked, tough ham. I complained and since it is a low volume item they are considering dropping it from the menu.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Up2u wrote:they are considering dropping it from the menu.
Other than telling you that, did they do anything about it?