Sue's on Pattayaland Soi 2..

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
catawampuscat

Sue's on Pattayaland Soi 2..

Post by catawampuscat »

Having heard a good report about Sue's, I checked it out with a buddy. It's near Beach Rd. and on the middle Soi of
the three boyztown area sois.
Food is Mexican and was very tasty. Easily comparable to Mikes or Sam's. There are only two large round tables out
front. Many eat at the bar, which is great when you are dining alone. Open air, no air conditioning. It was my friend's
second time and he was very satisfied. I believe there was another Mexican restaurant here before.
Definitely worth checking out if you are in Boyztown area and enjoy Mexican food in Thailand.
lvdkeyes

Re: Sue's on Pattayaland Soi 2..

Post by lvdkeyes »

Sam's? You are kidding, right?
catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

Serious.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

To each his own.
catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

Try it, you'll never know otherwise. Might just open your eyes. I like Sam's btw .
If I'm going to catch a show at Boyzboyzboyz or Xboys or just in the Boyztown area, location rules and Sue's does it right.
TOQ

Post by TOQ »

catawampuscat wrote:I believe there was another Mexican restaurant here before.
I believe it is the old Blue Parrot if not mistaken. It would have to be better than the Parrot as it was disgusting.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

For my money Mike's is the only place for Mexican food in Pattaya.
painai2

Post by painai2 »

Blue Parrot had a sign "Sorry, we're open".
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

In my view, it is not fair to mention Mike's and Sam's in the same breath as the Mexican food at Mike's seldom disappoints. I have never had one meal at Sam's where I would say to myself "that was good, got to come back soon". Sam's has a convenient location to serve the complex, is cheap which some people equate with a good value, and has some American favorites on the menu (which I avoid). IF(a big if) in fact Sue's is the Blue Parrot reincarnated then I will not be dining there.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I view restaurant reviews as a guideline. If someone whose tastes I usually agree with recommends a restaurant, that restaurant becomes high on my "give it a try" priority list. If a restaurant gets poor reviews or "no go" recommendations, it falls to a "maybe I'll get around to it one of these days."

Most of the time I'll reserve my restaurant judgment until I try it and decide for myself. There have been many times when a restaurant was highly recommended, but I didn't like it at all. There have also been just as many times when people said the place sux, but when I tried it I liked it. Different people - different tastes.

Some people are sticklers for authenticity. Personally, I don't give a damn whether the food is authentic or not. The only thing that matters to me is whether I like it.

I haven't tried Sue's, so I don't have any idea whether I'll like it or not. I doubt I'll try it, at least not any time soon, but not because of reviews. It's because of the location. For me, the location is inconvenient whereas for me Mike's is very convenient. In other words, I'd have to see some "Sue's is outstanding" reviews before I'd be interested in making a special trip. For me, it's a "maybe I'll get around to it one of these days."

If I want fajitas, my restaurant preference is Blue Olive. I've never had fajitas I like better anywhere. Other than one of their soup choices, that's the only Mexican style food served at Blue Olive. For other Mexican style food, for me it's still Mike's.

For those who remember Sunrise Tacos in Jomtien Complex, one thing I really liked was their corn chips. Those are the only corn chips I've ever had in my life that actually tasted like corn. I wish I knew where to get the same corn chips. I've never been able to find them anywhere, not even Villa Market. Unless they made the chips themselves, does anyone know where to buy them?