Grandfather's Letter to Daughter

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
Gaybutton

Grandfather's Letter to Daughter

Post by Gaybutton »

Grandfather Writes Letter To His Daughter After She Kicks Out His Gay Grandson

The Huffington Post

By James Nichols
10/02/2013

This man may deserve to win "Grandfather Of The Year."

In this incredible letter, a grandfather passionately addresses his daughter's decision to kick her gay son out of the house after he decided to come out of the closet. Though we don't have the full details surrounding the incident, the grandfather tells his daughter that "kicking Chad out of your home simply because he told you he was gay is the real 'abomination' here. A parent disowning her child is what goes 'against nature.'"

As more young people feel comfortable enough to identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT), an increasing amount of extraordinary letters such as these from supportive family members have been appearing on social media.

In wake of his daughter's apparent disavowal of her gay son, this grandfather seems to be stepping up to the plate when it comes to his care and well-being: "He was born this way and didn't choose it more than he being left-handed. You, however, have made a choice of being hurtful, narrow-minded and backward. So while we are in the business of disowning children, I think I'll take this moment to say goodbye to you. I now have a fabulous (as the gay [sic] put it) grandson to raise..."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/0 ... 29750.html

lvdkeyes

Re: Grandfather's Letter to Daughter

Post by lvdkeyes »

Let's hear it for Gramps!!!!
fedssocr

Post by fedssocr »

I am always skeptical of whether these things are real.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

So sad that some can't believe there are such people.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

fedssocr wrote:I am always skeptical of whether these things are real.
I suppose it's possibly a hoax, but it did make the Huffington Post. They don't usually publish hoaxes as if they are real, but I did wonder how they got their hands on that letter in the first place.

Even if it is a hoax, there certainly are too many times in which such a letter would be accurate and appropriate.
fedssocr

Post by fedssocr »

lvdkeyes wrote:So sad that some can't believe there are such people.
Oh, I believe there are such people. I also believe you can't believe everything you read on the internet.

A couple of weeks ago there was a big internet story about a Lesbian waitress who claimed her Christian customers didn't tip her and left her a nasty note instead. It got play on all of the usual internet news sources (including Huff Post, I believe). She received tons of donations as a result. Then it was revealed that she has a history of making things up and the customers in question came forward with their copy of the receipt and their credit card bill proving that they actually tipped her an average amount.

There are countless other stories about internet stories that turned out to not be what they first appeared to be.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

fedssocr; agree with you, a fake letter.