Who do you fly with ?

jinks

Who do you fly with ?

Post by jinks »

Lufthansa should not have flown that plane," says Stewart of AirportWatch.

"Clearly, so much had gone wrong with it before takeoff … It's like your child bumping their head badly at the seaside, and you drive home to see your usual doctor, when you should go to the local hospital"

Full story from The Guardian... http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/ma ... y-accident
Jun

Re: Who do you fly with ?

Post by Jun »

I normally get to Thailand by EVA.

Air safety has improved by leaps and bounds in the last 20 years. I don't worry about it, although I do have a few rules, such as not flying Air France. They crash too frequently.
atri1666

Post by atri1666 »

I use QR, EVA, Swiss, MS, SQ, Thai, AUA and rarely LH. Never fly with AF. In future may be also will use Sri Lankan and Malaysian Airlines.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

I fly whoever is cheapest with acceptable flight times (departure time and stopover time are important). I don't pay any attention to airline safety.

If you look at passenger kilometers, airlines have similar safeties as road or railway, the very few accidents that happen are just more spectacular than road or railway accidents, that's why all of them get reported. If the same had happened in a bus or train (smoke of unclear source, have to stop somewhere, continue next day), nobody would care.
pong

Post by pong »

agree with ch- have flown by now on at least 25+ airlines EUR-TH(or nearby), out of a total of some 160+ airlines in total flown on-of which at least 50+ are bust already. Collecting enough miles/points-to help you into lounges etc, helps to stay loyal to an airline-but not ifthey rise prices too much.
These stats about safety go back to so long that any changes in new planes , BETTER TRAINED pilots (currently IMHO by far the main coruse of mishaps, all planes of ABus and Boeing are OK in itself) takes years to reflect on. Korean KAL is still low on that list due to that ''spy-flight'' into what was then Soviet Russia-and was shot down.
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

United before it turned to crap sometime around 2006: mean grouchy old flight attendants, seats only suited for customers with no legs, garbage food, rickety 747's.
Korean Air now because they aren't crap: nicely turned out 777's, sweet-hearted flight attendants, big-ass leg room in Econ, connection at the excellent Incheon Airport (though the flight back to N America is a long wait ... made more pleasant by having the best ~ and free! ~ showers), reasonable food ('reasonable' being the equivalent of 3-star Michelin status when flying Economy :D ).
One of these days I might try Cathay Pacific, but that nasty, almost-14 hr non-stopper from Vancouver to HK is a daunting contemplation: watching Les Miserables 4 times is not on.
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

AnotherGuy

Post by AnotherGuy »

I have used Thai, Emirates, BA and Finnair so far...Finnair having the worst service.
Maxxy

Post by Maxxy »

Depends where I'm going, to thailand I fly Thai anywhere else I fly Singapore Airlines.