Les Miserables

lvdkeyes

Les Miserables

Post by lvdkeyes »

We went to see Les Miserables at Central Festival on Friday. I had great expectations for this film. It certainly didn't disappoint. It is extremely well done. Has anyone else been to see it? Agree or disagree?
bao-bao

Re: Les Miserables

Post by bao-bao »

lvdkeyes wrote:We went to see Les Miserables at Central Festival on Friday. I had great expectations for this film. It certainly didn't disappoint. It is extremely well done. Has anyone else been to see it? Agree or disagree?
The production's costumes, acting and attention to detail was great. I didn't really enjoy the actors singing (especially Crowe) while on set, as creative an effort as that was to attempt - it just fell short too often. What's wrong with having someone who can really sing do the voices for those who can't sing but really can act?
Alex

Re: Les Miserables

Post by Alex »

lvdkeyes wrote:We went to see Les Miserables at Central Festival on Friday. I had great expectations for this film. It certainly didn't disappoint. It is extremely well done. Has anyone else been to see it? Agree or disagree?
I've watched the movie as well and I agree. They took a risk with sticking to the musical format to THAT extent, but I'd say it mostly paid off.