Glenn Beck bans Barack Obama ...

Smiles

Glenn Beck bans Barack Obama ...

Post by Smiles »

As if the charmingly petulant Mr Glenn Beck could get any more so - given the election results and all - he's now apparently, as his New Year resolution, banned the very mention of the name of the President (ASAP: 'POTUS') on his radio show, his internet TV show, his circus act, and I'm certain in his latest treatise on the coming Armeggedon (sp?).
Surely Mr Obama can be nothing but traumatized. But wait, perhaps secretly well-pleased: as they say, winning is the best revenge.

Has there ever been a more child-like apparition in US politics as the dingbat Mr Beck (if so, list your favorite below)? Only in America, as the saying goes ... though sometimes in Thailand too.

http://www.glennbeck.com/2013/01/03/can ... %E2%80%99/
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

Alex

Re: Glenn Beck bans Barack Obama ...

Post by Alex »

I "liked" Glenn Beck best when he quite literally cried on TV, not because he's an immature douche, heaven forbid, but because he's such a great patriot and just cannot control his emotions. I nearly puked at that sight. So, no, I don't think there's a more child-like apparition in U.S. politics than Glenn Beck.
bao-bao

Re: Glenn Beck bans Barack Obama ...

Post by bao-bao »

Alex wrote:I don't think there's a more child-like apparition in U.S. politics than Glenn Beck.
Well, there's the guy down the hall from him, Michael Savage; he claims to be "to the right of Rush (Limbaugh) and to the left of God" - although they have plenty of others in their odd, misguided fraternity, IMHO.

Other than those on National Public Radio I gave up on talk radio in the mid-1990s for the most part, when marching orders for far too many hosts was to become schoolyard bullies to boost ratings/ad revenue. I've never understood the attraction for listening to (or reading) people who wave the flag of "witty" as camouflage for being little more than unmitigated pricks.