malware on gaythailand

christianpfc

malware on gaythailand

Post by christianpfc »

It started about a week ago that I got a malware warning (I use Avast free antivir) when I went to http://www.gaythailand.com
Some pages seem to be clean, others are still infected, for one day the whole website was unavailabe.
I will not subject my computer to an infected website, so I am not up to date what is going on.
Others reported similar problems.
If the ower of gaythailand reads this, pleas sort out this problem.
For everyone else: be careful.
fountainhall

Re: malware on gaythailand

Post by fountainhall »

I find it somewhat strange that you should make this post on this Board timed at 9:49 pm when you had already made a post at 9:45 pm on gaythailand.com! That site seemed to be working OK for you before your post above. So why make it? And why make a plea here rather than on that site?
Alex

Post by Alex »

fountainhall wrote:And why make a plea here rather than on that site?
Isn't that pretty obvious? He wants to warn people, especially those surfing without any malware protection, that it might be a good idea to avoid that other site until the problem is fixed.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Obviously there is nothing wrong with the board. It's either a false positive or it might have something to do with that "Flirt for Free" set of ads. It could even be due to some filename or extender. You have nothing to fear by accessing the Gay Thailand board, but I think you ought to alert the board owner as to what you are experiencing.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

GB could be correct, but not necessarily. Some malware does not prevent access to a site, but lurks in your computer to do its mischief undetected. Some proceed to multiply and infect other programs, some send a record of your travels on the net, and some merely start up pop-ups. Just because a site continues to operate normaly doesn't mean a virus of some kind isn't being planted in your computer. I'd trust your virus protector and clean your machine of unwanted malware.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Alex wrote:Isn't that pretty obvious? He wants to warn people, especially those surfing without any malware protection, that it might be a good idea to avoid that other site until the problem is fixed.
Very laudable. But why would he post the following some minutes after opening gaythailand.com and posting there, thereby subjecting his computer to an "infected website"?
christianpfc wrote:I will not subject my computer to an infected website, so I am not up to date what is going on.
I really only want to know how he can post there and not be "up to date"?
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

Fountainhall is correct, I made one post on gaythailand on a clean topic and after that found out that other areas are still infected and went here to write about it.

The clue is here: "Some pages seem to be clean", at the time of making the post, some entire subforums seemed to be clean, and some topics of the Thailand forum, but others still have the warning (in this case, I follow the suggestion of my antivir to leave the site).

Just checked again, for http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/ I get a warning (yesterday it was partially clean).
Gaybutton wrote:You have nothing to fear by accessing the Gay Thailand board,...
I am not the only one who gets warnings:

http://bangkokbois.wordpress.com/2013/0 ... vil-lurks/
http://pattayabitchboard.socialparody.c ... irus-alert
Bob

Post by Bob »

Christian, I think the issue has been cleaned up. While I was getting warnings before, everything seems fine now (I just visited all the forums and no warnings from Norton popped up). Somebody else mentioned that, should you still be getting warnings, to clear your cache (whatever and where the heck that might be).
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Thank you Christian. I appreciate the clarification. I had not realised that only part of any site could be infected.